e p i l o g u e

Bradley opened the door as he let someone in. A small smile crept up lips lips as he saw her light hair jumping up and down in a ponytail. Her eyes big and blue. Her face chubby cheeks which temp you to pinch them all day. She looked up at him as she smiled showing all her kissing teeth. One in the front and two behind.

"Hi daddy!" She exclaimed hugging her father's legs tightly squealing in excitement as her father came home early today.

"Hey Victoria." He chuckled before kneeling down and giving a quick peck in his daughter's cheek. She blushed slightly, a reaction to her father's kiss. Slowly taking of the pink bag that was on her petite shoulders, he placed it down on the ground and picked her up swiftly.

"What are we doing today daddy?" She asked him, her eyes looking into his as his heart clenched.

"The same thing, we always do every year." He sighed and smiled at Victoria.

"Oh okay." She looked down."Can Garcia come too?" She asked, her face lifted up to look at her tall handsome dad.

"Of course she can baby." He ruffled her hair as she giggled yet again.

"Vas a venir con nosotros, Garcia?"
(Are you going to come with us, Garcia?)
He yelled, his voice booming in his comfortably sized home.

"Sí señor ... dame un minuto."
(Yes sir. Just give me a minute.)
Garcia replied. Slowly setting the towel on the table, she dusted off the dirt on her t-shirt and walked up to him.

"Listo para salir señor?"
(Are we ready to leave sir?)
She asked, smiling sympathetically to him. He sighed and nodded his head.

"Let's go Vicky.." he set his 6 year old daughter down on the floor as she ran up to get ready for going out.

"Let's go." She said as she placed something in her favourite pink bag.

Pink.

***********

The car ride was silent. But Bradley's mind wasn't. It was stormy. And there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.

After Hallie died, Bradley couldn't take it. He became unstable. All he could think about was his dead girlfriend, his dead daughter and his worst fear.

Isolation.

Bradley fell into depression. And he knew he would. So he just stayed silent as his daughter's funeral was going on. His parents were at home. Looking after him. After all that happened. But he couldn't care less about their carelessness. He was just.. in a trance. Did not know what to do, where to go, what life meant to him anymore.

His mother convinced him to come out of his room and greet the guests who came to "mourn". He couldn't care less about them either. He would just sit, on the roof of his childhood home, in his crisp black tuxedo, hanging his feet in the air, looking into nothing. Cause he had nothing.

Everything happening around him, reminded him of his dead life.

There was a lot of food at home. Food that the neighbourhood brought for the family. He had to eat that food for five days. And all he could taste was false sympathy.

His room reminded him of childhood. The grey old wallpaper of cars adorned the walls in his congesting room. Hallie always wanted a pink wallpaper. But he said no. Because she could grow out of it. The truth was he couldn't pay for it.