ocho

"I knew you would be running back to me." He joked, taking a seat in front of me.  I looked up from my twitter timeline to see none other than Vinny, looking over at me with his trademark smirk.  I rolled my eyes before tucking my phone into my jacket pocket.

"I think it's the other way around Mr. Chase." I replied, taking a sip of my hot chocolate before setting it back down on the table. "I believe you crossed my territory, and it seems like you're following me." I added with a smile.

"Well with someone as gorgeous as you, I don't know who wouldn't be able to keep their eyes off of you." He responded, laying his hand on top of mine as he stared into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile as I looked the other way.  "But what's up with you and Sean? Haven't seen that dude since he broke my damn nose." He questioned with a chuckle, not seeming to be keeping a grudge over the conflict, he didn’t even sound the least bit salty.

I sighed hearing Sean's name as I shrugged my shoulders, taking a deep breath.  It's been a month since the argument we shared and Sean hasn't failed to move on completely from what we had. "We broke up last month." I replied nonchalantly, take another sip of my hot cholclate as I picked at my bagel.   I looked up from my lunch expecting to see a smirk covering Vinny's face, but instead a look of sorrow.

"Damn.  I really am sorry for fucking with him the other night, if that's the reason why you guys split.  I can get carried away when I'm high off the lean."  He apologized, looking pretty sympathetic as he looked into my eyes.

"It's fine. It was cause was a misunderstanding with his ex-girlfriend, Cassandra.  Long story short, we split because I was being a heartless bitch." I responded.  "It's not your fault, so you don't have to apologize. He didn't have to break your nose though." I added, glancing at Vinny's nose to notice that it looked a lot normal now.  "Let's start fresh, tell me about yourself?" I questioned, now getting tired of hearing myself speak and up for learning anything about him.

"My names Vincent Chase Rager. But everyone calls me Vinny, I'm twenty-four, I was born and raised in Harlem and I like to rap." He responded sipping the orange juice in his hand. "What bout you beautiful?"

"Uh, my name is Vashtie Marie Kola, but almost everyone calls me Vashtie or sometimes Vash. I'm twenty-two years old. I was born and raised in Brooklyn but been living in Soho since I was nineteen.  I love art and fashion, and I'm currently in college, and I major in Fine Art." I replied, pretty much revealing everything I could think of to tell him. "So you're currently single?" I questioned, making sure I wouldnt have to deal with any baby mama drama in the future.

"Yup." He replied emotionlessy, tapping his fingers on the table, "My girlfriend and I where polar opposites.  I lived the fast life of Harlem, while she was from Valencia. She hated New York, and she didn't support me at all for wanting to be a rapper.  One day came and she just packed her bags and said she's heading back to Cali and left.  Didn't even bother turning back." He told me, looking even more upset than before.

"Well the only way you can forget about an ex is to move on." I responded, trying to cheer Vinny up as he fixed his black rimmed glasses upon the bridge of his nose.  He looked adorable with his Raybans sitting perfectly on his face, as if he were a young scholar more so a rapper.