Forced Teamwork

I sat in class with a half-blush on my face. The class was boring, but Hinata sat next to me. Today in AP Chemistry we were doing an experiment dealing with the equilibrium constant of an ionic compound. She sat next to me and payed close attention to the professor. She listened carefully, and I did the same, to create a educational bond with her, if that's considered a start in a relationship.

"The ions in formed from the dissociation of ionic solids can carry an electrical current. Salt solutions, therefore, are good conductors of electricity. Molecular solids, however, do not dissociate in water to give ions, so no electrical current can be carried," Professor Hatake said.

I nodded in understanding. Then he started talking an writing on the whiteboard at the same time. He seemed to write what he said, increasing the students' understand who learned better seeing. This was what I saw, and I was one of those students:

"The product of the concentrations of the ions at any moment in time (not necessarily at equilibrium). Imagine we have a saturated solution of AgCl. The equilibrium reaction for the dissociation of this salt is:"

[Ag+] is equal to [Cl-] at equilibrium because the mole ratio of Ag+ to Cl- is 1:1.

"What would happen to the solution if a tiny bit of AgNO3 (a soluble salt) were added? Since AgNO3 is soluble, it dissociates completely to give Ag+and NO3- ions. There would now be two sources of the Ag+ ion, from the AgCl and from the AgNO3 ."

He said a lot of other stuff that I took notes on. Most of it dealt with the amount of carbon dioxide that an object produces when burned, there was honestly a lot. When class was finished, I went to the restroom.

After I went, I went to my locker, and got everything I needed for Health, a class I also shared with Hinata. In fact, I share the exact same schedule as Hinata, and we are close friends, she just doesn't know of my feelings for her. Hinata was at her locker, which was to the right of mine.

"H-Hinata, can I borrow a pen for Health?"

"S-sure, Naruto-kun," she said, handing me a Pilot G-2 0.38 Fine Point pen.

"Thanks, we should get going, you know Professor Umino gets when we're late," I said to Hinata.

Damn, I really need a burst of courage.

"Listen, Hinata,"

"Y-yes, Naruto-kun?"

"Are you free Friday night?" 

"I should be...where do you want to go, Naruto-kun?"

"Where ever you want to, Hinata," I said, beginning to lose confidence.

"Okay, let's go," she said, and began walking.

In Health, we had to work with the people at our table because today, we were learning how to bring a person back to life, which meant CPR, which meant I would technically kiss Hinata and Hinata would technically kiss me. 

"Okay class, let's watch the video on how to perform CPR." Professor Iruka Umino said.

A few giggles escaped the girls' and boys' mouths because they sat with their boyfriends and girlfriends. I, along with the rest of the students who sat next to their crushes, blushed furiously knowing what would happen. 

Why today of all days? The day I ask her out is tomorrow too! Oh, Kami, please help me!