The Party

As night came, the sight of the vibrant moon was in view. Though it was a walk-in-anytime-you'd-like kind of party, Nick didn't want to come too early or too late. He wanted to arrive when others are arriving, his nervous blue optics met the mirror of his appearance. Nick was a slender and tall figure, he wasnt built of muscle and he was quite frail. A slight frown crept across his thin lips, he's heard so many rumours about Gatsby that he wasn't sure what to believe. Or whom. The clock kept ticking and ticking, his heart was rushing as his stomach churned. It was almost time to go. He smoothed out his jet black hair and began to take the first step outside, the thick and cool air consumed him as he took a deep breath. The light sounds of birds chirping and crickets managed to calm his nerves, until a car filled with about ten crowded people almost ran him over. He quickly jumped back, the people crammed in that car were drinking down bottles of champagne before they even entered the building. Nick sighed, he probably was just going to make a fool of himself. West Egg is a new start for him, he can't shy away now. The sight of Gatsby's mansion was enormous, all the lights that were lit eminated the darkness. The architecture was divine, he wasn't sure where to look since it was so huge and alluring. How could one man, all on his lonesome, live here? Already there were thousands of people swarming in, where was he to show his invitation? Nick managed to fit in with the crowds, the sight of a butler caught the corner of his eye and he displayed the paper to him. "Excuse me, but do you need my invitation?" He had to raise his voice because of the beating music inside and the screaming people outside, the butler simply averted his eyes and kept a blank expression. Nick was pushed in by the crowds behind him, so he wasn't sure what to do. As he found himself in the home of Gatsby, he looked around at the thousands of unfamiliar faces, right now he felt like a lost puppy wandering the unfamiliar streets.