Day Nine (pt 1)

WRONG NUMBER: NALU

"Where are you?" Lucy sat impatiently. She kept looking left and right, trying to find Natsu. "I've been waiting forever here!"

"I'm sorry," Natsu was rushing to Lucy. He could sense that she was already angry just by the sound of her voice.

"Hurry up, Dragneel."

"Yes ma'am."

Six minutes has passed, Natsu sat in front of Lucy. Lucy was not amused. Everything was quiet. No one else was there but the two of them.

"You're late."

"I know."

"You need to learn how to be on time."

"Yes, I know, I'm sorry."

"Anyway," Lucy crossed her legs and drank her coffee. "How are you?"

"...I'm fine, thanks."

"That's good. We've been friends for nine days already, and..."

"And?"

"I don't know. I think it's too early. I'm not even sure if it's real or not."

"What..?"

"Natsu.."

"Please get straight to the point, Luce. You're creeping me out."

"IthinkIlikeyou." Lucy said it so fast that Natsu could barely understand it, but he knew what she meant.

Natsu smiled. That's what he's been waiting to hear. Those few words. That confession. He was in a blissful state. The girl he always wanted liked him.

Lucy sat there with cheeks turning red. Natsu figured this must be the first time Lucy confessed to someone.

"Lucy,"

Lucy looked at him shyly, "What is it?"

Natsu stood up from his seat and held Lucy's chin. He leaned closer to her and kissed her lips. Lucy didn't do anything to stop him.

When their kiss broke, both of them smiled at each other.

Then something happened. Someone was looking at them in a distance.

"Natsu, why?"