Day Nine (pt 2)

"Natsu, why?"

That voice sounded very familiar to Natsu. He turned around and saw a familiar face, wearing a familiar outfit. It was a female, she had white hair and crystal-blue eyes.

"Lisanna?"

Lucy was, of course, confused. She had no idea who Lisanna was, she doesn't have any clue what role she has in Natsu's life. She sat there with a confused look. Part of her was angry, because some girl just interrupted a magical moment, and another part of her was scared, because she thinks that this Lisanna would ruin everything that she and Natsu has.

"Natsu, I thought-"

"Give me a break, Lis. We're through. We're done. And that was three years ago. Let me go." Natsu sounded very annoyed as if he never really wants to see Lisanna again.

"You promised you won't let go-- and you broke that. Just because I was gone for a few months." Her face was angry. Very angry. "You," she pointed at Lucy. "I assume you're his new love interest?"

"She's my girlfriend," Natsu blocked Lisanna's view of Lucy. "I love her very much."

"Girlfriend? Oh, please." Lisanna rolled her eyes. "Is he telling the truth, Lucy?"

How...? Did she just...? How could she know my name? I don't remember meeting her, I've never seen her before, this is my first time, but somehow she looks very familiar and it's making me feel uneasy.

"I-- uh," Lucy gulped. Obviously, she likes Natsu and Natsu likes her back. Should she lie?

"Come on, spill it out."

"Yes," Lucy stood up with Natsu and held his arm. "I'm his girlfriend. If you have a problem with that," Lucy took the lollipop from the table and threw it to Lisanna. "Suck on your lollipop and go cry to your mom."

"Ouch," Natsu blew air out of his mouth. "That burn was so hot that even I felt the heat."

Lisanna couldn't say anything - she was speechless. This Lucy was different from the one she met before. It's not the same Lucy anymore. The old Lucy was more sweet, but this one was just evil. Instead of showing her anger, she took a deep breath and stayed calm.

"Okay," Lisanna sighed. "If that's how you want this to end, then so be it."

"Go away already, Lis. Nobody wants you here."

Lisanna--all hurt and sad, walked away with tears streaming down her face. It wasn't Natsu that made her like that - it was Lucy, her old friend.

Lucy felt guilty for what she did. But, of course, she was just defending herself and her love. Nothing's wrong with that, right?

"I'm gonna take you home, come on." Natsu held Lucy's shoulders and pushed her gently to make her walk.

[ phone call after both went home ]

"I swear, Natsu, I feel like I've seen her before."

"Are you sure, Luce? I'm pretty sure you haven't."

"Then why does she know my name? How?"

"She's probably stalking me or whatever. I heard she's a big fan of mine, she always buys my concert tickets and merchandise-"

"Who in their right mind would buy your concert tickets?"

"We've already kissed and you're still roasting me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you want to be fried instead?"

"..no."

"I'm kidding."

"Luce?"

"Yeah?"

"You know you could tell me everything, right?"

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you should really try to open up to me."

"But I don't even have any prob-"

"Stop trying to push me away when I can feel your heart pulling me."

"..okay."

"So are you gonna tell me your problems?"

"No."

"I-"

"Okay, alright."

"This conversation is over."

"Goodbye."

"Wait, Natsu-"

Call ended