The Coulson's

Melinda's P.O.V.

"Why don't you use science to disappear? Then I wouldn't have to hear you talk all the time!"

"That's not how science works!"

"I don't really care!

"Science is very important!"

Every morning...

The kids screaming downstages combined with Phil snoring was enough to drive me crazy.

I sit up in bed and look over.

"Phil! Phil! Phillip Coulson you will sleep on the couch." I hit him with the pillow.

"Huh? What?" His sits up.

"You were snoring, and the kids are screaming." I glare at him.

"I'll make breakfast..." He groans, throwing off the covers.

"I'll take care of the monsters." I roll out of bed.

We make our way down the stairs. I go to the dining room and Phil heads to the kitchen.

"If you would speak English, instead of nerd, we wouldn't have communication problems!" Grant yells.

"Maybe you should try being smarter!" Leo fires back.

"You know what-"

"HEY!" Everyone freezes.

"What is it this time?" I ask.

"Leo and Jemma broke the toaster!" Skye crosses her arms.

"What?" I ask.

They move out of the way to reveal the toaster they had destroyed. Parts lay all over the table.

"Why?"

"We needed a part..." Leo shuffled his feet.

"I want this put back together. Now." I  turn away.

"But- but its for science, and-" Leo protested.

"If that toaster isn't put back together by the time the rest of the breakfast is ready, you will be grounded." I say without turning back.

"Hey, honey?" Phil calls from the other room.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Where's the toaster?"

"Ask your son."
»»»

"Grant, speed limits are there for a reason. Skye, make sure your brother remembers." I remind them.

"I know mom..." He drawls.

"Hurry, go. Before your late."

Lance, Leo, Skye, and Jemma were all in the car, ready to go as Grant hops into the drivers seat.

We had agreed to let Jemma stay over for the weekend because we didn't want her to be alone while her parents were gone on a work trip.

Though she protested that she was very much capable of taking care of herself, she agreed because that gave her and Leo a chance to work on their project.

"Bye, mom! See you later." Skye calls, followed by a chorus of similar goodbyes.

"Bye kids." I smile, turning to head back into the house.

"Don't die!" Lance yells.

I shake my head, rolling my eyes.

Phil and I get this a lot, being  police officers. Not that the city we work in has much crime. Its just the thought. But we're good at what we do, and everyone in the family knows it.

Neither of us have ever been shot or anything, which just shows more about the situation.

"I won't." I humor him.

"Good."
»»»
The next chapter I will introduce some/all of the players, I swear!
So I decided I'm gonna have a question at the end of each chapterLet's start with... What's your favorite color?