Chapter 3

The hard concrete below my head woke me up. We're back into our bars. I tried to remember what happened. My memory became sharper every seconds I try to remember. I remember a thin needle-like thing pass through my skin before everything around me blurs away and slowly fading. I supposed they drugged me so that I won't fight back when they bring me back to my bars.

Cal is still unconcious.

His eyebrows furrowed. Then I realized he's wearing a different shirt. It looks exactly the same as the shirt he wore in the arena. Except this one looks clean. Silver and red blood, also not to mention sweat, is no longer on the shirt he's wearing. He looks like the boy I kissed in the moonlight that night.

The shirt Im wearing is oddly a lot more comfortable than the one I wore in the arena. I looked down to myself and saw that the shirt Im wearing is also clean. Why is it even clean? Why would Maven gave us comfort? Has he gone insane?

"I just wanted to see how much you bleed when you got killed" sneers a familiar voice from across the room

"Go to hell, Maven" I snarled. Maven take several steps toward me and rises his hand. Fires were dancing around it. He looks deep into his burning hand. He's close enough that I can feel the heat. But I won't flinch. I won't show him how scared I really am inside. My fear make him stronger.

Cal growls

"good morning, brother. Anything for breakfast? How about a blueberry pancake?" he looks toward Cal, watching his brother trying to  process what's happening as he looks around

"How'll you kill us this time, Maven? We have right to know. You see, it's our life after all"

"Aw where's the fun? If you know how you die, this game would be boring, wouldn't it" Queen Elara's voice chimed in to our conversation. Maven looked back toward his mother. Like mother, like son.

For a second Maven's eye met mine. He smiled at me. Before my brain could process why, he shouted the name I don't expect to hear coming from his mouth, especially at times like this. "FARLEY, NOW!".