Chapter 4

Everything started to happen so fast. Queen Elara gasps. She shot Maven a death stare and tries to cease him from anything he had planned. But a gun was placed on her head before she could even touch him. I saw the sight of a familiar blonde hair behind her. It is Farley.

Queen Elara stopped. "hand behind head, knee on floor. Now" Farley command. The queen obey. For the first time, she looks weak.

Maven pretend to look scared. He rises his hand. I look to the corner of the room. Camera.

"any last word, El?"

"congrats, little lightning girl. You won"

"close your eyes, boys. This is going to hurt a little"

Farley pulls the trigger. The queen's dead body fall onto the floor.

Maven shows no respond. But I know, deep down, he wanted to burst into tears.

She pointed her gun towards Cal.

"whoa whoa" Cal panicked

"She's not going to murder you, Cal, I promise. Just pretend to be dead"

Another shot was fired. Cal fall face face first. "Smart boy" Farley mumbled (if you don't understand why, Cal got shot in the front so if he fall backwards, his bloodless front body will face the camera)

Farley pointed her gun towards me. "I have to act dead too, huh?"

"no. You're terrible at acting, Mare" Farley sneers.

"hi Mare" a voice. A guy's voice. A voice I never heard for years. A voice that I miss.

Shade was standing behind her, pointing his gun towards her head. He's wearing the palace guard uniform.

He looks back as if he's giving someone an instruction. Two palace guards came in and grab Kilorn and Farley and forcibly drag them out.

Maven looks at me. He took several step towards me. We smiled at each other. There's a new warmth between us.