Six

A/N: 감사하요 for almost 900 reads on Ikigai! I am indeed happy how popular this fanfiction got. I miss NCT Dream a lot and hope you guys stick with me with this fanfiction.

If you are interested in a NCT Dream Applyfic feel free to check out my story "Sorcery" which is a Applyfic about Witchcraft and Magic. 

And now, have fun reading!

— Inês, 2016.11.24

— • —

Bongcha was chewing on her straw watching Huang Renjun on the other side of the cafeteria. Haeyoung and Mark were caught up in an intense discussion about some sort of soccer game. "Is it just me or is Renjun acting weird lately?" Bongcha suddenly said and interrupted Mark and Haeyoung. "Pardon?" Haeyoung said and looked over to Huang Renjun's table.

The Chinese was talking quietly to Haewoo and looked over to their table from time to time. "He is indeed acting weird. But isn't he like this stupid guy who want's to be the first Chinese Sherlock Holmes or something?" Mark asked and caused Haeyoung to giggle. "He's a few decades to late to be China's first Sherlock Holmes though." The fifteen year old giggled, while Bongcha setted down her cup of Iced Americano and stood up. "I'll be back in five." She said and walked over to Renjun.

"Renjun-ssi?" Bongcha asked friendly, way too friendly for Oh Bongcha. Renjun looked up and dropped his notebook, which caught Bongcha's eyes. "Get Jung Haeyoung away from Jaemin-Mission?" Bongcha read and popped her hips staring down at the fragile young boy.

"Well..." Renjun stuttered and looked at Haewoo who gave a bitch-face back at Bongcha. Renjun felt shy under the two girls who were having a face-off without words, so he quickly stood up grabbed his notebook and ran away.

"Ya!" Bongcha called and ran after him, causing Mark and Haeyoung to watch their weird friend. "Omo, what is Bongcha up to now?" Mark asked and started packing his things. Haeyoung followed his example and soon they were following the sixteen year old who had caught up with Renjun in no time and held him by his tie.

"Why would you want to get Haeyoung away from Jaemin?!" Bongcha threatened Renjun with her knee inbetween his legs. The Chinese boy winced. "I... I don't want Jaemin to get his heart broken by a liar and—" "Don't you dare to call my best friend a liar! The only one who'll get his heart broken is probably Haeyoung. But thanks god she is nowhere near interested in this cocky bastard!" Bongcha hissed and let go off Renjun.

"Don't you dare to come to assumptions, Huang Renjun." Bongcha said and crossed her arms infront of her chest. "Haeyoung and Jaemin aren't made for each other. Haeyoung is way too good for such a guy." With that Bongcha turned around and walked back to Mark and Haeyoung that were just leaving the cafeteria.

"What was that?" Mark asked while accompaniying the two girls to their classroom. "Nothing." Bongcha said and sighed. "I just had some things to say to Renjun." 

Haeyoung looked at her friend with eagle eyes. She knew that Bongcha wouldn't just run off without a good reason. 

"See you tomorrow!" Haeyoung smiled and waved towards Mark and Bongcha that were leaving school to get their bus, while she had to wait for Jaehyun to come and pick her up after his date with Belle this afternoon.

Haeyoung sat on a bench in the school gardens and was reading a book for Korean History when a shadow were taking the sunlight away from her face. Haeyoung blinked and looked up only to see Park Haewoo and one of her Minions standing infront of her. 

"Jung Haeyoung." Haewoo said and crossed her arms infront of her white blouse of their school uniform. "What can I do for you?" Haeyoung said and tried to sounded as cool and suave as Bongcha, but truth to be told she absolutely hated talking to the pretty-mean-girl.

"You can stay away from Jaemin, for example." Haewoo said and Haeyoun looked at Haewoo in confusion. "E-Excuse me?" She asked and Haewoo chuckled. "Haeyoung don't play the innocent one." She said and kicked Haeyoung's shin, causing her to drop her book into the grass. Haewoo's minion kicked the book away.

"Stop it, please." Haeyoung said and Haewoo laughed. "I would stop if you wouldn't throw yourself at Jaemin like this. Haeyoung, you are pathetic. No one will ever love you. Especially Na Jaemin won't." Haewoo said. "I agree with Haewoo.", the Minion spoke. "You don't even have a proper family so why the hell would Jaemin-oppa be interested in you?" She giggled and Haewoo smiled triumphantly. 

Haeyoung looked down in fear. Never has anyone spoken to her or about her family like that. Haeyoung stood up and shuffled over to grab her book before running out of the school gardens and to the parking lot, grabbing her phone.

"Pick up, please." She begged and sighed happily when her brother picked up. "Haeyoungee, I am still on my—"

"Please pick me up, Oppa." She tried to hold back her sobs but Jaehyun sensed immediatley that something was wrong with his sister. He looked over to Belle, who was fixing her choker and sipped on her coffee, sending Jaehyun a beautiful smile, while her cropped black hair framed her petite face. "I'm on my way, Dongsaeng." Jaehyun said and looked at Belle.

"You have to go?" She asked in a cute accent and Jaehyun nodded and leaned forward to stroke Belle's cheek. "I'm sorry, Belle. But we are going to repeat this." He smiled and stood up, taking his jacket and rushing out of the coffeeshop to pick his younger sister up from school.

Haeyoung was sitting on the ground and hugged her knees while she was waiting for Jaehyun to come. "Haeyoung!" 

She looked up and saw Jaehyun parking the car infront of the school. She quickly got up and wiped her damp cheeks rushing into the car and throwing herself into her brothers arms, sobbing painfully. Jaehyun smiled carefully and patted his sisters hair, before telling her to close her seatbelt.