Chapter 1

As you expected, it started in London. Before the time of Wendy and her family of Darlings. In the 1840s, London was a bit of a rough place. Not only did they have average criminals but pirates also roamed all of the seas. Not every part of London was in the eyesight of Queen Victoria. The suburban areas had law workers walking at the outskirts of it, too scared to walk through it. If that tells you how bad it was. It was the areas where criminals, pirates, thieves and the homeless could have a bit of a home. This is, unfortunately, where our story must begin. There were only a few kids in the suburbs. We will focus on three for now.
Yes, that number is right: three. Of course, we have James Hook and Peter Pan. We'll get to the third one in a bit. Walking around the corner of the suburbs' main square in late evening were two boys. One looked impish and free-spirited. The other looked simply devious and cunning. The impish boy wore green rags across his chest and dark green pants covering his legs. He had light brown hair, blue eyes and ears that looked slightly pointed. The devious one wore a red shirt and black pants. He also had a leather satchel. He had jet black hair and a mischievous grin. Both boys looked up to no good. The impish boy, Peter, said to the other boy, "You should have seen Old Man Johnson's face when he realized his turnips went missing! It was priceless!"
The other boy, James, chuckled and said, "He should have seen our faces when they got stuffed with his turnips! Everyone should know not to leave them out like that."
Everyone could tell that the two of them were close, like brothers. James and Peter had known each other for as long as they could remember. Literally, any memory they had was of each other. Their motto was to live one step at a time. Nothing could tear the two of them apart. Nothing yet.
James was in the middle of telling Peter about their next steal when he noticed something. Someone had left their pie stand vacant in the main square. The suburbs had an annual fair in remembrance of captured and dead brethren. The only trouble was that the pie stand was in the middle of it. James nudged Peter and said, "Free pies for us. But it's surrounded. How do we get to it?" Peter started thinking of a quick plan before the baker came back to his stand. The second Peter had planned everything out, he told James, "Stay here and wait for my signal."
Peter went around a couple of stands. He nicked a couple of onions and started to open them a bit. He kept looking around and snatched some tomatoes. He began opening them as well. He raced to the far end of the square. He pretended to fall on his face. He turned over and screamed. He had smeared the tomatoes across his left leg. He screamed, "Help me! I'm bleeding! Please help me!" Peter locked eyes with James, looked at the pie stand, then back at James. James knew that was the signal. Everyone else but James went to Peter's rescue. James tried to look casual as he made his way to the pie stand. There was a maze of stands to go through. James was tempted to some fruit or jewelry but he stopped himself. He knew that would only slow him down. Once he made it to the pie stand, he wrapped up an apple pie, for Peter, and a blueberry pie, for himself. He tucked them into his satchel. He bolted to the other side of the square, where Peter was at. He raced to the front saying, "Pardon me! That's my brother!"
When he had reached Peter, James gave him a quick wink, letting him know the deed was done. He reached into his satchel and brought out a somewhat clean rag. He began wrapping it around Peter's leg. He said to Peter, "Don't worry, brother, I'll get you home to Mum and Dad to fix you up properly. This'll do for now." He turned to the crowd. "Thank you for your concern for my brother! I truly appreciate it." Everyone began to disperse as Peter was half-carried, half-walked away from the square.
Peter and James rounded the corner and began to snicker. James laughed, "That was bloody brilliant! I couldn't have thought of a better plan myself!"
Peter grinned, "Well, thanks, mate! That was nothing! I could have done better with more time. I just had to go with the oldest trick in the book.
As late evening turned to night, the boys chatter shortened. If criminal would do their worst in broad daylight, you don't want to know what they do when it's pitch black. James said, "Well I guess we can call it a day. I'll see you tomorrow, mate."
Peter looked agitated. "Where do you go every other night, James? You've never told me in all the years we've been friends."
James stared at the ground. "One day, I can tell you. Just not tonight, alright, mate?"
Peter looked a bit less agitated. "I guess so. See ya tomorrow."
As James walked away, Peter began to wonder what his best friend was hiding.

(Next Update: December 1st)