Chapter 5

After James told his mysterious tale, Peter stood pondering each detail. He felt like the story meant more than what was in plain sight. He stared at James for a moment. James seemed to be looking hard for a long lost memory. The entire situation was difficult to interpret.

Peter says, "It is quite odd that they let you go so easily."

James just nodded.

"What do you think made him do that?" Peter asked, attempting to get him to speak.

James said, like in far off sort of way, "Dunno.......he might have felt merciful today I reckon....."

Peter didn't know what to think. Everything was rather odd. However, three minds thought no farther because something special occurred. Tina had just finished working her daily shift at her jewelry stand and seemed to want to head down Peter's alley specifically. When she reached them, she said, " 'Ello mates. How's life for you?"

Peter said, "Confusing. What say you?"

"About the same way, I reckon," She turned to James, "I was told to give this to you, James." She held out a fold piece of parchment. James took it yet didn't unfold it.

He asked, "Who gave this to you, Tina?"

She shrugged, "Dunno his name. He was tall and strong. He was one of leading type people, you know? He had that way about him. He like this fancy coat and vest. Looked sort of out of place."

Peter started thinking. "Did he gave anyone else with him?"

"As a matter of fact, he did. A few injured pirates and some without a scratch."

"What did he specifically say?"

"He said, 'Take this to the boy with the black and red clothes!' I said, 'Why the bloody hell would I do such a thing?!' He got closer to me and said 'Watch yourself, miss, or you'll rip limb from limb in heartbeat.' And then they just left. Leaving the bloody note behind to make me get the job done." She looked over at James. "Be careful. The bloody scalawag wasn't joking with me, I reckon."

James looked up and said, "Thanks, Tina. I reckon I need a little advice right about now."

Tina nodded and walk to her side of the alleyways for the rest of the day.

James just sat and stared at the folded parchment. Peter looked at him, wondering what was going through his head. He said, "I reckon we should give it a look, shall we?" He moved over to sit next to him and they opened the parchment together. It simply read,

Kensington
Gardens

Peter was a bit baffled. He didn't think that a man such as the pirate captain would leave a vague note such as this. Peter asked, "Isn't there an old shop in Kensington Gardens?"

James said, "I think so. Why would that man wish for us to go there?"

"No idea. I say let's start fresh in the morning."

"Good thought. I'll be back in a bit. Just some loose ends I need to the up. I'll back before dark. I promise."

Peter said, "Alright mate. Be careful."

"I will.." And with that, James raced off to who knows where.

(Next Update: December 22nd)