Is It Too Late To Apologize?

Her third year at Barden, Chloe had come out as bisexual. It felt like a relief to get it over with and her parent were very supportive.

At the activities fair her senior year, Chloe had seen the most gorgeous girl. She handed her a flyer, despite Aubrey's reluctance. A few days later, in the shower room with her boyfriend at the time, she heard a beautiful voice singing. She went to see who it was and shocked to see the beautiful brunette.

Long story short, they date for four years, until one afternoon, Chloe came home from classes to see Beca packed and ready to leave.

"What's going on Babe?" She asked.

"I can't. I can't do this." Was all Beca said. Chloe watched Beca walk out, forever.

"Beca!" Chloe called. The only sound was her footsteps, leaving Chloe behind.

Later that day, Chloe found a note Beca had written. It read:

"Chloe,
I'm leaving for LA. I can't be in a serious relationship right now.
-Beca"

That was it? No "I'm so sorry" or "hope to talk to you soon"? Just a note stating the facts. Chloe cried for weeks. She vowed to never date a girl, ever. No matter what the circumstances. She would never date a girl.

Almost ten years after college, Chloe was married and had a four year old daughter and little baby boy. She was living in a cute house in the suburbs. It was great, but Chloe felt like something was missing.

Beca had moved away and felt terrible. She had just left the love of her life, for no good reason. It was awful. Almost ten years passed and Beca still felt guilty. She could remember every little thing about Chloe. Her laugh, her smile, her red hair, her perfect blue eyes.

Beca decided to find Chloe. Find Chloe and tell her the truth. She searched for Chloe and found her address.

She arrived at the front door of a small house in a cute neighborhood. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

An average height man with a little bit of scruff answered the door. He looked down at Beca's small figure.

"May I help you?" He asked.

"I'm looking for Chloe Beale." Beca said.

"It's Chloe Smith now. May I ask how you know her?" He said. Beca's heart sank. Of course Chloe was married, of course she had moved on! It was stupid of Beca to think she hadn't.

"I'm a friend from college." What Beca said was half true. They were friends.

"Come on in." He said, trying to be welcoming. "Chloe is upstairs."

Beca cautiously stepped into the house.

"Follow me up, but be quiet, Evan is asleep." He said and they tiptoed up the staircase.

At the top of the stairs, Beca heard Chloe's gentle voice.

"I don't want to drink this tea!" Her voice said.

They entered a bright yellow painted bedroom and she saw Chloe sitting on the ground with a little red haired girl. A mini Chloe. They must have been playing dolls.

"Mommy, your friend from college is here." The man said.

"Who?" Chloe asked and turned around. Her eyes met Beca's. "No. No."

"Nice to see you too." Beca said, sarcastically.

"No. Beca." Chloe said. She was shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to apologize." Beca said.

"For what?" The little girl said. Chloe remained silent.

"Hello Sweetie. What's your name?" Beca asked her.

"Rebeca." She said and smiled. Beca looked at Chloe. Chloe was shocked, confused and embarrassed.

"Chloe, can we talk somewhere private?" Beca asked.

"Sure." Chloe said and led Beca to the bathroom. "Why are you at my house?!" She whisper screamed.

"I wanted to apologize. I still love you." Beca managed to say. "Why does your daughter have the same name as me?" Beca said, changing the subject.

"Because I still love you." She said and kissed Beca.

"Dude! You're married!" Beca pulled away.

"I know." She sighed. "I don't love him though." She admitted.

"You're married to him and have two kids!" Beca said.

"Three." She said and motioned to the counter. A pregnancy test was sitting in the counter.

"Congratulations!" Beca said.

"Thanks." Chloe said. "I really do still love you."

"You shouldn't have married a man you don't love." Beca replied.

"Well you shouldn't have ditched me." Chloe shot back. "You were so selfish."

"I know, that's why I'm here. I need you to know I'm sorry." Beca said.

"Beca. I want you." Chloe said. She couldn't believe what she was saying. Beca had broken her heart! Chloe was married!

"I want you too. You have a family though." Beca said. "I don't want to interfere with that." Beca though back to when her father left her mother. She could imagine what it would be like if her mother had left instead.

"I know, I know." Chloe said. She had no idea what to do.

Chloe pulled Beca in for a kiss. Beca resisted but eventually let Chloe kiss her. Chloe needed to forget about life and fall into a world where it was only her and Beca.

"Mommy?" Rebeca said. The child stood there in shock.

"Hey Baby!" Chloe immediately pulled away, creating a distance between her and Beca.

"Why are you kissing her?" Rebeca asked.

"Umm." Chloe said.

"Chloe!" Her husband said from behind the child. "I can't believe you."

"Baby!" Chloe cried.

"I'm done." He said. He pulled off his ring and threw it at Beca.

"Hank!" Chloe called.

"What could you possibly want from me?!" He yelled. Rebeca hated seeing her parents fight, so she ran. She ran to her bedroom and locked the door. She sat on her bed crying. She could hear the muffled voices yelling back and forth.

"I'm pregnant!" Chloe yelled and threw the test at Hank.

"I don't care!" He yelled back. "Keep my stuff! I'm out of here!"

Beca stood there in shock as she heard Hank slam the front door. She had just broken up a family.

"I'm so sorry." She said to Chloe. "I have to go."

"Don't leave!" Chloe pleaded.

"I have to." Beca said.

"No you don't. Stay. Stay with us." Chloe said.

She did. Beca stayed for the next seventy four years. Rebeca remembered that day clearer than any other day of her life. She cried about it for months, but when the wedding day came, she had let it go. Her mother married the woman who broke up their family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~