Chapter 19

Waking up this morning all I feel is exhaustion. Jay and I were up all night wrapping presents and just setting up for today. Unfortunately, we only have the kids for the morning and then they have to go to their mothers' houses.

Since our time is limited, this morning we are going all out. It is like Jack Frost and Santa threw up in our living room. We have presents everywhere and the tree is so big and bright. We have lights draped from every possible place.

Ms. Taylor and I were cooking breakfast while we were waiting for the kids to wake up. We made pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and some hash browns.

"I am so excited to see their faces once they come down" I said to Jay and his mom.

"They get so happy and hyper" Jay said chuckling.

A few minutes later the kids were racing down the steps and into the living room.

"Merry Christmas!!!!" We all screamed simultaneously.

We all gathered around the front of the tree in the living room. Jay and I sat next to each other on the floor and the kids knelt down next to the gifts.

"Okay, Harlem goes first," Jay said.

Harlem grabbed the biggest gift with his name on it, of course. He ripped the wrapping paper and screamed. "OH MY GOD!!!!! You guys got me a virtual reality headset!!!" He jumped up and fell into both of our laps hugging us.

He continued opening his gifts and were just consumed with happiness. Next up was Justice.

Before he could start I had a bit of a disclaimer. "Actually Justice..." I looked at Jay, " your big gift is in the back room. Lemme go get it."

I rushed into the back room and wheeled the go-cart into the living room. "NO WAYYY!!!" He jumped into the seat and started steering the wheel back and forth. "Thank you guys so much."

"Oh, I think you have another gift under there. It should be in a smaller box." Jay said to Justice. He found it and ripped the box open. When he say the Apple logo it looked like he was about to pass out.

"Where's my gift Leelee?" She looked at me like she was about to cry. "I don't know sweetie. Do you know where her gifts are babe?" I asked looking towards him.

"Hmmm. I don't know." He said looking around the room.  At this point the tears were about to spill out.

"Cali we're just kidding." I grabbed her hand and led her outside. Once we got outside, Cali screamed and ran towards her clubhouse.

Her house was decked out. Essentially it looked like a huge shed. It was painted purple, had widows on the side and had white shutters. Inside there was a small loft area with pillows and blankets.

The main level had a table and shelves stocked with all her favorite toys, games and activities. Not only that but it had a sofa and a television hanging on the wall.

We stood outside while she admired the inside of it. She ran back outside, giving us hugs and thanking us.

We went back to the house after they were done exploring Cali's present. I ate so much food that I felt like I had a balloon in my stomach.

Unfortunately, the kids did have to leave. Jay's mom also left to go back home for Christmas.

We are exchanging gift right now and are ordering takeout later tonight. BUT I do have something that I have to tell him.

I am pregnant. And I am so excited but I couldn't be any more nervous to tell him. I think that Jay will be happy, but we haven't been together that long.

I found out two days ago. I took a home test and it was positive. So, I put the test in a Ziploc bag, then put it under a whole bunch of tissue in a box with a bow.

I also bought him a watch and my big gift for him is a trip. In April we are going on a getaway to Jamaica.

Jay and I were just lounging on the couch. "You ready?" he asked looking down at me. I nodded.

"Okay, I wanna go first" Jay declared.

He handed me my first gift. I opened it and I was so shocked. He bought me a charm bracelet with a 'J' and all of the initials of the kids. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you babe! I love it so much."

He handed me a slightly bigger box that I unwrapped. He bought me a rose gold MacBook. I can't believe him. He bought me some shoes and a purse too.

I handed him his first gift. "Babe, I love these so much" he said trying on his new sunglasses. "Well that's not the only thing...You can wear those glasses on our trip to Jamaica!!!!"

He picked me up and spun me around.  "Okay I have one more big gift for you" I said handing him THE BOX. 

It seemed like he was opening it in slow motion. He reached the bottom and grabbed the Ziploc bag and looked at it a little bit puzzled.

He set it down. "Are you pregnant?"

I nodded slowly. He grabbed my face and smothered my face in kisses. "I can't believe you're pregnant. "

"Wait, you're okay with this?" I asked with confusion.

"Baby, Why would I be upset?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Aaliyah, you are my life and my future." He whispered into my ear