Chapter 3 - The First Conversation

After the introduction ceremony, Mr Kirigiri took the teenagers on a detailed tour around the extravagant Hope Peak's Academy. Although many of the kids ignored the principal, Kiyotaka listened very intently on the history and significance of the school's campus grounds, jotting down a billion notes per second. Chihiro on the other hand, shuffled nervously in the back of the group, her glistening brown eyes took in their spectacular surroundings as she ignored everything else around her.
Once they reached the cafeteria, Mr Kirigiri stopped the pack in their tracks, proclaiming that they had reached the end of their school orientation tour, earning a round of applause from Kiyotaka.
"We'll be stopping here, as the bell for lunch will be going any minute now. The cafeteria works per normal, the only differences is that everything is free as well as our food is made by high quality gourmet chefs. Once finished here check your timetables for your classes, and please, be there on time. I hope you enjoyed the tour and wish you a wonderful stay here at Hope Peak's Academy, if you have any further inquires, please feel free to ask any of the teaching staff or myself." Quickly shooting a glance at his watch, Mr Kirigiri smiled calmly, " I must be going now, I have many...uh...formalities to attend, farewell now," and with that, the principal of Hope Peak's Academy walked away down the the hall, disappearing into the endless corridors, Kyoko's eyes narrowed curiously upon hearing her father's stumble.
Before anyone could speak, the bell for lunch rang out through the  many different rooms and corridors within the building as kids made their way towards the cafeteria.
"Well I guess it's no use just waiting here, we best be enjoying our first lunch here, or at least I will," spat the tall blonde boy with glasses, Byakuya Togami. He swiftly turned on his heels and made long, formal strides through the cafeteria doors, not even bothering to glance back.
"I guess he's right," Chihiro heard the sly voice of Celestia Ludenberg fill the air, "after all, we wouldn't want to go to class on an empty stomach, would we?" She then waltzed into the cafeteria, the rest of the group filing in behind her.
Chihiro found out quickly that there weren't a lot of students at Hope's Peak, or well at least not in the main campus (even though the reserve course students still came to the same cafeteria, they arrived later as the main campus was dispatched from the reserve course building). She spotted a few other 'Ultimates' wandering around the dining hall, including a peculiar-dressed man accompanied by  a small fleet of hamsters as well as a  short, silver-haired girl who looked as if she was slipping in and out of sleep.
After she filled her plate with a few items, Chihiro made her way over to a lonely table in the corner of the room. She slipped into the seat and pulled out her laptop, munching on a biscuit in the process. Chihiro had finally started to calm down as she fiddled with her computer, importing and exporting programs and files on the device. She had finally started to think things were going great until a few older boys from the reserve course arrogantly strolled over to her.
"Hey there little cutie, how about me and you go somewhere tonight," the leader of the group smirked as his goons snickered behind him.
"N-No t-thank y-y-you," Chihiro stammered nervously, her hands gripped the edge of the computer.
The boy smugly smiled again, "C'mon, it'll just be the two of us, I can show you up a good time!"
Chihiro nervously shook her head, avoiding eye contact with the boy.
The boy's grin faded, his eyebrows tensed as his lips curled into an ugly snarl, "That wasn't a choice! Your coming with me!" His voice grew louder, attracting most of the attention in the room. Once again, Chihiro quickly declined.
"Uuurrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!" The boy growled, his hands clasped around Chihiro's laptop and carelessly tossed it behind him, the device shattered against the tiles.
Chihiro's eyes filled with watery tears as she shrunk back in her seat, the crystalline droplets rolled down her cheeks and wetted her green school coat.
Just when the boy was about to get mad again, a much larger figure sent him spiralling across the room. Chihiro immediately ceased her crying and gawked in shock as Mondo Oowada ruthlessly yanked the boy off the ground, he ignored the blood dripping from the student's mouth and nose.
"You think your a tough c**t eh? You think picking on a small girl makes you cool huh?" Mondo's voice sliced through the room, grabbing the attention of all the other students.
"WELL IF YOUR SO TOUGH, FIGHT ME YOU PIECE OF S**T!!!!" The gruff voice exploded throughout the room, the boy held in Mondo'a grasp quivered and shook furiously, "N-no please stop! I won't bug you, or her, or anyone else here ever again I swear!"
Mondo released his grip and the boy collapsed to the ground, a few of the his goons picked him up and quickly rushed him out of the doors towards the nurse's office. Mondo turned to face Chihiro, his face held no emotion whatsoever. Suddenly, Chihiro felt intimidated, she felt the overwhelming fear of this man, but who could blame her, after all, he was the leader of the toughest, nastiest biker gang in the world. Traumatised and terrified, Chihiro scooped up her bag and walked over to her broken computer, more tears rolled down her cheeks. She pressed a few buttons to see if it would turn on but to no avail. Crying, Chihiro ran away from the mess of wires and glass , and sprinted down to her dorm. She flopped onto her bed, letting out every last tear in her body. "What was I thinking! I was so stupid! Why would anyone ever want to be friends with me!" Chihiro curled herself up into a ball, she rested her head on her knees and silently lay there, until it was time for class.
Forcing herself to get up, Chihiro slowly dragged herself to the bathroom and scrubbed her face, erasing any trace of her tears. She packed her bag up and tidied herself up before heading out the door. The trip to class was quick and silent, luckily she didn't pass anyone one the way. She slipped down another corridor and made it to her classroom just as the second bell for class rang. Quietly opening the sliding doors, Chihiro slipped into the full class unnoticed, and took a seat at the back of the room. Even though no one was directly looking at her, she could feel everybody staring at her with mixed emotions. Then right then, only for a second, she could have sworn Mondo had took a glance at her and smiled. No matter how small it was, she knew that was what had happened, Mondo Oowada had smiled at her for some unknown reason.
As the class continued on, Chihiro became tired of taking notes, oh how she missed her laptop right now! But before she knew it, class was over and everyone was dismissed. As Chihiro packed up her notepad and pen, she heard a gruff voice call her name, "Chihiro?" She looked up to find Mondo standing next to her, looking down at her, "could you come with me for just a moment?" He asked blandly. She nodded, although she didn't have a clue why he would want her to follow him. Mondo weaved in and out of the corridors, up flights of stairs and in and out of rooms all the while not telling Chihiro where they were headed.
Thoughts of the incident earlier this morning suddenly flooded Chihiro's memory, "what if he's gonna...NO WHAT!!! Mondo would never hurt me! Not at all I mean-" Her thought's were then interrupted by a strong gust of wind. Chihiro's fragile body quivered against the breeze as she fought with the wind to keep her skirt down. She had forgotten that she was still following the biker gang leader and gazed around, they were on the roof of Hope's Peak. "Chihiro could you come over here please?" Mondo stood at the railing of the balcony as Chihiro quickly scooted over to him.
"I just wanted to say..." He trailed off, looking down avoiding her gaze, Chihiro's body tensed as she clenched the edge of her skirt, nervous about what might come next.
"I just wanted to say that...I'm sorry..." Chihiro's jaw dropped as she looked up, stunned, the leader of the world's most feared biker gang leader was...apologising to her.
"I acted like a real jerk today and I saw that I had scared you so I just wanted to apologise." Chihiro gazed in disbelief at the man in front of her, "and to make up for that, I thought I'd get ya' something, Souda c'mon out!" He gestured his arm towards the staircase as a pale, pink-haired boy emerged from the corridors and strode over to them. He wore a dirty yellow tracksuit and a tattered black beanie, he also had oil and grime caked into his body.
"Here ya' go Chihiro!" Souda bashfully smiled, handing Chihiro a large gift wrapped in ribbons. "Open it," Mondo said slightly grinning.
Chihiro neatly released the bow and unwrapped the package to find....
....her laptop.....
However, it was perfectly fine, in fact it looked even better than before.
"Ya' see Souda here is the Super High School Level Mechanic, so I asked him to fix your laptop and add a few upgrades to it."
Chihiro smiled brightly, her heart filled with pure joy.
"I backed up all your files and stuff on there so you don't have too worry about losing it, I also added a small robot that pops out of the corner of your laptop when you want it, it looks just like you." Souda eclaimed proudly, revealing a shark-toothed grin that could brighten up anyone's day.
"Thank you Mondo! You too Souda! This is absolutely fantastic!" She wrapped her arms around the device in a quick hug then looked back at the two males, "this means a lot to me, thank you" She shouted happily. A small beep the sounded from her watch, she glanced down noticing that it was her alarm, she glanced back up again and smiled, "sorry, I have to go now, once again thank you, bye!" Chihiro waved at the two boys as she clumsily ran away, leaving the two others alone on the roof.
"You know, I know that look in your eyes Mondo," Souda grinned, "I have the same thing!"
Coldly turning away, Mondo blandly replied, "Shut up..." He then walked away from a grinning Souda Kazuichi, still standing near the railing triumphantly, "Crap why!?!" He yelled in his head, "Why did it have to happen!?!" He clenched his hands into a fist, the tip of his knuckles went white, "Why did I have to fall in love with Chihiro Fujisaki!?!"

(Hey hoped you enjoyed that! I know Mondo swears way more and that I did block the swearing out but that's only because I don't swear so please accept this, I will still use the cursing it's just that it'll always be censored. Did anyone notice Gundham, Chiaki and the Izuru Kamukura project - I know the last one was kind of broad but I meant to reference to it - be prepared for more little cameos throughout this book! Next chapter should be out soon for my 1 viewer - yes that's you SakuraSasuke765 - JK!!! But anyways I will be uploading soon, please look at my two other stories and my followers stories ESPECIALLY PercieVale , she is a great friend of mine and a FANTASTIC author, I highly recommend checking her stories if you like high quality reading, Sayonara! Potato out! KAWAII!!!!!!!)