«Chapter Five»

Jaiden paced in her room, her hands on her head. She had a look of anger on her face and she groaned.

"That stupid girl! She's gonna get in the way of James and I!" Jaiden said with clenched teeth.

"Jaiden... Why are you so obsessed with him?"

"Because, Tony, he loves me and I love him!" She screamed Tony, who in turn rolled his eyes. He sighed, regretting ever agreeing with moving in with Jaiden's family. Tony's father had been neglectful to him, and his mother always argued with his father. Sometimes Tony would get thrown at the wall, or punched in the face. Tony finally couldn't take it and moved in with his best friend at the time, Jaiden, and her family.

"Are you sure he loves you?" Tony looked at Jaiden.

"Of course! Why would you think he wouldn't?"

"Well, you guys aren't dating."

"James is waiting for the right time to ask me to date him!" Jaiden retorted.

"I haven't seen James show any sign of affection to you."

"Of course he has!" Jaiden yelled back. Tony sighed, giving up on ever convincing Jaiden to let go of James. Jaiden seemed determined to win his heart.

"I just need to find out how to get that girl away from him!"

"Well, she lives right next to James, so--"

    "What?" Jaiden glared at Tony. She had a look of furiousness in her eyes as she spoke.

    "Yep." Tony shrugged. He was surprised Jaiden didn't already know, but it made sense in a way.

"Jaiden," Tony looked at the black-haired girl who had finally settled down on her bed. It had seemed like centuries ago when they had last had a peaceful conversation.

"Yeah?"

"What are you gonna do if somehow James doesn't date you?"

There was a pause, as if Jaiden had never imagined a circumstance like James rejecting her would ever happen.

"I... don't know." Jaiden admitted. Tony sighed, not saying anything else. He looked over at the clock.

"It's getting late," He pointed out, "We should probably get to bed." Jaiden nodded. Tony stood up, turning off the lights and getting into bed. Jaiden did the same and soon they were both sound asleep.

\/Author's Note\/

Dear Readers,

In case you haven't noticed already, this fanfiction is pretty much an alternate universe. I really enjoyed the idea of Jaiden being the antagonist, so I just decided to make the book an alternate universe as a whole. I hope you enjoy the book!

Thanks For Your Support!
Melody