Original: Chapter 12 - Brooke?

The week went on as usual; waking up, eating breakfast, going to work, obviously doing some work and then coming home. I must admit I hate routine but at least I'm working at the place I have always wanted to even if it is just a cleaning job to start off with.

Finally it was Saturday and my date with Trevor and Noah's fiance is also back from Paris. I wonder if he has told her I'm living here yet.

I woke up early to do the cleaning of the apartment as that is also in my job description. While I was cleaning I found a Ipod dock which I assume was connected to the speakers around the main area of the apartment. There was already an Ipod placed there so I clicked the play button and The fray song 'how to save a life' came on.

It's so ironic that this song is the first to come on even though it was on shuffle. Noah had literally saved my life, he had saved me from homelessness and poverty and I can't be more thankful for it.

I walked into Mr McKenzie's study to dust and clean the room. I knocked lightly on the door and saw him gesture for me to come in. I entered and walked over to the shelves carrying a duster and began to clean. I heard brief parts of Noah's conversation but chose to ignore it, but there was one phone call I couldn't ignore and it was Brooke.

"Your here already what time did you land" Noah questioned Brooke on the phone "But you wasn't supposed to get here until Monday..Yes I'll have my driver come and pick you up...See you later" Brooke was back early and I hadn't had the apartment cleaned fully.

"Miss Jenkins" Noah said and I looked up from the shelf I was cleaning "My fiance is coming back today, so I would like for you to be there when I tell her you are staying here for a while"

"Of course sir" I replied and got back to the cleaning. I'm rather nervous to meet her, I want my first impression of her to be a positive one but I can already tell that I am going to dislike her because she is engaged to the man I am falling in love with.

I shake these thoughts out of my head and begin to think about what I am going to wear for my date with Trevor tonight. I sort through my closet in my mind of what I own but eventually decide I need to physically pick an outfit later on.

Around half an hour later I had finally cleaned Noah's office as best I could with him working in there. I felt his eyes on me throughout the whole time, I guess he was watching if I place anything in the wrong place because he pulled me up on it twice.

Just as I was walking to my room there was a knock at the door, it must be Brooke.

I padded over to the door and grabbed the handle to open it, but I was stopped by Noah, "go to the kitchen and make yourself a drink we will be in there soon to discuss the living arrangements" he commanded and I did as I was told.

From where I was standing in the kitchen I had a slightly obstructed view of the front door but I could see when they were coming.

"Hi honey" Brooke's voice echoed throughout the apartment, but it was more like a screech.

I saw Noah lean in and kiss her on each cheek, before mumbling something about having to go into the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and poured myself a drink. Just as I was screwing the lid onto the juice carton Noah entered into the kitchen with Brooke following behind smiling with her pearly white teeth.

"Awww Noah you finally hired a maid" Brooke squealed with excitement grabbing onto Noah's arm as jealousy and rage filled inside me.

"Actually no, this is my personal assistant Sophia Jenkins" Noah told her looking at me for support. Personal assistant? I thought to myself. What is he talking about? I'm not a his personal assistant I'm just a cleaner who works at his company, why is he lying, especially to his fiancé the woman he is going to spend the rest of his life with. Either way Brooke seemed to believe it and extended her hand towards me.

I shook her hand and smiled seeing Noah breath out in relief. "It's lovely to meet you, I've heard a lot about you" I replied "Would you like a drink?"

"Yes that would be lovely" She replied offering to help my but I refused; I'm beginning to find it really difficult to hate this woman because she seems so nice.

I guess what they all say about beautiful on the outside ugly on the inside doesn't always apply, especially not to Brooke; she seems genuine, polite, extremely beautiful and the best possible partner for Noah.

As much as I wanted him, what could I offer him? I have no money, I am living with him and work for him. As soon as I get my first pay check I'm going to try and find a place of my own, $2000 dollars should be enough for a small apartment somewhere for a month at least.

"So what is she doing here now?" Brook said with a little bit of attitude towards Noah "I thought this was supposed to be our day to spend together....alone"

"Yes well Miss Jenkins actually is living here temporarily, her apartment building was planned to be demolished and many of the residents were not told and she didn't have anywhere to go" Noah told a half truth "So I offered her the guest room until she can find an apartment"

I saw Brooke's face turn from a frown to a smile, like a smile of an excited child on Christmas as she ran at Noah putting her lips on his. I turned away and headed to my room to decide what to wear for my date with Trevor. I do not want to watch that even if I was paid a million dollars and had all of my debts settled.

I could hear from my room that Noah and Brooke were having drinks and catching up and it was getting closer to the time of my date, and I had to find a way to sneak out with out them asking questions. I don't feel like getting fired for dating a colleague.

I picked out a light blue dress which fell was just above my thigh and a belt which broke up the colours, I also put on my flats picked up my handbag and left the room. I crept towards the front door, slowly reached out to the handle and gripped it. Just as I was about to leave I received a text and face palmed myself.

"Sophia, where are you going" Noah called from the living area

I didn't answer hoping that he would leave it alone, but then I heard 2 pairs of feet coming towards me. I turned around slowly in embarrassment

"I'm going out..." I said awkwardly looking at the space between Noah and Brook "...With Trevor"

"As in the Trevor who works for me?" Noah asked laughing

"Yes, is that a problem?" I ask sarcastically

"No, it's just Trevor" Noah laughed even harder and I have no idea why

"Oh my gosh, I've just had the best idea. Let's double date!" Brooke shouted in excitement

"Oh no it's okay" I said at the same time Noah said "Yes that's a great idea" I stood there looking confused as to why they would want to double date with me and Trevor.

"Great well I'll get my coat" Brook said in a cheery voice and walked into the living area. Noah glanced over his shoulder to see Brooke leave and then whipped his head so he was facing me once again but this time he was giving me a stern look. Was he jealous?

-------------------
A/N
Another cover created for Living With My Boss.

I love them all!