Unknown 1

"Jeon Jungkook!" My mom yelled from the living room. "Hurry up! It's almost time for the cafe to open!" I hurriedly got dressed and ran to the living room. "You're not a girl, why do you take so long?" She scoffed and wrapped a jacket around her.

I liked LA so much better. It's so cold in here. "Are we ever going to go back to LA?" I asked as we were walking towards my grandparents' cafe that they owned. "I don't think so." She shivered.

"Here. Wear these gloves." I gave her my gloves. "But I want to go back. I have friends there. I don't even know anyone here." I actually do, correction, I did. "You have your cousins. Jungkook, it's only been a week and you're already complaining. Take a look around later and see how beautiful your birth place is." I scoffed, rubbing my hands. "Beside, I know you'll love it here." She smiled as we reached the cafe. "Yeah right, more like hate it." I mumbled.

"Grandma and grandpa can't make it today, so we have to stay here till the closing time. You may go on break." This is such a drag to be honest. Everything about this place is annoying. The weather, the— the people. This is all I can name as of right now. "Eomma, I need to go back to LA. I can't stay here." The place where that guy once lived.

"Come on Jungkook, just let this place get to you." She stood behind the counter and motioned for me to put the door sign as open. "This place is really cozy." I say as I look around the cafe. Warm couches, books, chairs and tables. It was both a library and a cafe to be exact.

"I know right? Go to the staff room and wear apron." I nodded at her before walking inside the room. ding. My notifications went off. It was a post about the model, Byun Baekhyun. Ever since Taehyung was gone, I've been following everything about this model for some reason. It's like a secret torture for me; something that hurts me but it also gives me this warm feeling. This is one of the daily reminder that keeps Taehyung alive in my heart.

The model had posted a picture of himself. He had very long eyelashes. They were beautiful. Everything about him looked stunning. I wonder if Taehyung also had long eyelashes just like him. Would Taehyung also post pictures of himself like this?

"Jungkook! Did you fall asleep or something?" Mom snapped me out of my thoughts

"Jungkook! Did you fall asleep or something?" Mom snapped me out of my thoughts. "Coming!" I quickly put on the apron and head outside. Just as I walked out the room, the cafe door opened. A girl with short skirt came in. "I'd like the breakfast special please." She ordered. She then turned to look at me, I looked away.

"Welcome to Jeon's cafe." I slightly bowed as another customer walked in. I looked up to see a boy who made my heart sink. Why does he look like the model? Do everyone look exactly the same in Korea? The model isn't even in Korea as of right now. He's in USA for his photo shoots.

The boy looked at me and walked to the counter. "I'd like a sweet potato latte, please." He ordered. Why? Of all place and time, why now?

As he got his drink, he went to the couch area and sat down with a book in his hand. "Jungkook." My mom called. "Is there something wrong?" The boy looked up from his book at me and averted his eyes back to the book. "Uh, no, nothing's wrong."

;

It was already 7:30 p.m and I wanted to go back and throw myself on my bed. "Take this trash out the back door and then we can close the cafe." I nodded at mom. I grabbed the black bag filled with trash inside, it was so heavy. I took it out the back door and placed it beside the door. "You know, you gotta throw it in the big trash thingy over there?" A deep voice behind me said. I jumped a little at the sudden noise.

He chuckled as I looked at him. He's the guy from earlier in the morning. "Oh, I— okay." Sighing for the nth time today, I picked the trash bag almost falling. "I'll help you." He grabbed at the other end and we both awkwardly, well I, walked towards the big trash bin. "On three okay?" I nodded.

"One ... two... three!" We both yelled and threw the trash. "Well that was fun." He rubbed his hands. I don't find anything about throwing trash, fun. Odd. Seeing that I wasn't talking, he began again. "By the way, I am Taehyung." Wait. Pause.

I looked at him with doe eyes. "What?" He chuckled. "Wh-what's your name?" I asked. "Uh, Taehyung." He tilted his head with a smile. They were beautiful, just like Baekhyun's. "I— I gotta go!" I sprinted away from him and quickly closed the back door.

I wish I could go back in time.

👣👣👣
a.n: well, here's the first chapter.