Nine

Becca unbuckled her belt and exited out of the car. She kicked the deflated tire and sighed. "We're stuck here." She rubbed her face with both her hands trying not to break down into tears like before. Warren stayed in the front seat with his hands on the steering wheel. He gripped it tightly, tempted to drive off but he had just started to develop feelings for the girl and couldn't bring himself to do it. "We're going to have to push it to the nearest gas station..." he finally said loosening his grip on the stirring wheel.

The girl sat down in front of the car. Warren got out of the seat confused and sat across from her. "I have not seen one car. What are we going to do because my scrawny arms can't do shit." She said moving her hands to each side of her face and leaned forward on her legs for support. "I'll go look for someone. Stay put, okay?" He asked getting to his knees, she moved to hers as well. The two seemingly close while face to face. She leaned closer to him and kissed his lips quickly. "Don't take too long, and be careful. You're still a fugitive..." she said holding his hand. Warren nodded and smiled, "I promise." She nodded back standing up "I'll sit in the car until you get here then." The boy stood up after she was already near the passenger side. "Go ahead, I'll be back ASAP."

Two hours had passed since Warren had left to go find help. The whether over the past few weeks had changed rapidly, it was colder now. Rarely, they would see some snow and today was one of these days. She held her knees to her chest while she sat patiently in the vehicle. The windows began to froth up since the temperature dropped. "Where is he? This was suppose to take a few minutes." she mumbled under her breath. Five more minutes had passed and a stranger walked up to the car. He tapped on the glass, his face seemed beaten up and he had dark bags under his eyes. Becca lowered the window by an inch so the stranger wouldn't be able to grab her. "May you please lend me a quarter?"

Her eyes drifted down to his hands that kept shaking, and surprisingly a tail that was poorly hidden or perhaps had slipped out. She shook her head and rolled up the window. The man stuck his fingers in, before the window closed completely, and pushed it all the way down. The girl's eyes widen. His hands strangely changed to blue skin. She looked up and hadn't realized who the blue fuzzy creature was. "What are you doing?" She yelled as he pulled the door open and dragged her out of the car. The boy removed his hood. "Who are you?..." his tail whipped in the wind as he threw the coat down. "My name is Kurt Wagner. If you vant to live, please follow me." She sat up in the snowy grass as more snowflakes fell onto her hair.

"Another mutant..." she whispered in awe at his yellow eyes. She shook her head slightly to get her train of thought back on track. "It sure didn't seem like you wanted to help, and from what? I'm completely fine..." he nodded and crouched down in front of Becca. For some reason, she felt like he was telling the truth. Like she really was in danger. "No, you are not. I been trying to track you both down. He is going to hurt you somehow." Becca stood up and started to run away from the car. She turned back and squinted at the puffs of blue and purple.

When she turned back, they were now face to face with each other. She fell back. Looking up at him again. Her cheeks were rosy and her hands started to feel numb from all the snow falling. "Go away!" She yelled getting up again. He vanished as she tried to release her foot from the heavy snow grabbing at her feet. She kicked them both out of the snow and the blue boy was gone. She turned and flinched at the sight of him in back of her again. He reached for her arms but she moved them away, he stretched his tail out rapidly for her again.

In the small amount of time she had before she was captured, time seemed to slow down for her as she quickly thought of a plan:
"I can escape from behind but he's a teleporter... when his tail passes I'll jump up then slide to the other side underneath him.
If he teleports again I'll have to fight him... I'll see."

Her plan didn't work out. Becca jumped and tried to run around Kurt instead, but she felt his tail being wrapped around her waist, she yelped as he pulled her closer so he could grab her hand. "Please listen to me!". He begged. She sighed and looked at him. "Alright. Tell me what you want me to know." Kurt nodded and released the girl. "Zhere's a schools, don't vorry it's nozhing like most public school. Ve vill talk zhere vhere it is safe."