3

The Lion Tattoo

Three

"Regina," I called out as I hurriedly walked after the departing woman. My god, this woman is shorter than me, and yet how come I always end up breathless when I run after her. I do have a longer stride than her... supposed to be. Or maybe it's about the shoes? "Come on Regina, just please!" please what?

I watched as she abruptly stop and whirled to face me, her face dark and her eyes boring on me. "Miss Swan," and the contempt in her voice tells me that I have done something wrong – again – without me knowing. Perhaps me breathing the same air as she does is a mistake I shouldn't be doing as well! Oh fuck it!

"What?" I saw her eyes narrow at me, "...what?" okay, I think I need to brush up on my vocabulary because right now, it seems like the only word I know is what.

"WHAT do you want Miss Swan?" and then all of a sudden, she grabbed my right wrist and hurriedly push my sleeves up, then she turned my forearm so that its inner side is facing her. Her expression relaxed a bit and she dropped my arm and turned, before resuming her journey away from the diner. I rolled my eyes, damn it if I'm letting her walk away from me without even speaking.

"Oh come on Regina," I said as I followed her. Not minding the cold weather seeping to my bones since in my hurry to get to her, I forgot to get my winter coat from my previous booth at the diner. But I'd die from hypothermia than go back and lose her once again. No damn way she's getting off that easy this time. The damn woman is still not talking to me, I had had enough of this silent treatment. A dog gets better one than me right now! "Oh come on, stop treating me like dirt Regina! You suddenly grab me and only god knows why and then now you're ignoring me. The least you could do is explain why!"

I almost bumped into her when she suddenly stopped. Good thing I have fast reflex, I was able to stop just at the nick of time. "Stop following me sheriff, I'm not doing anything vile at the moment." she said and once again continued walking. I noticed though that she was walking faster than before. So where's the fire? I thought.

"No one said anything about you doing anything vile Regina. So don't start going there."

"Then stop following me!" she shouted without stopping.

"No!" She didn't reply instead we continued walking towards her house, she on the lead and me just a hand away from her. There is no way I'm putting more length between us, because I am sure once we get to her house and she got inside her mansion, she'd slammed that door on my face and I will be left outside. No way that's going to happen this time.

By the time we stopped, we are in front of her mansion. We were both standing on her porch and were both breathless, she less than I am. "I'm not talking to you Miss Swan."

"I know and I'm not leaving here until you do." I said putting a touch of finality in my tone. She looked at me from head to toe, you know, the usual eye challenge we do, or as Ruby calls it before she decided flirting with Regina, eye fucking.

"And then what? When your idiot parents found you frozen outside my porch because you're another idiot who goes out on winter morning without a coat, they'll get the mob on me for killing the savior?" I shrugged my shoulders. I don't think my parents are that idiotic to blame Regina for my death if she doesn't let me in her house. I mean, mom and Regina are working well together now. My mom dealing on the physical aspect of mayoring, and Regina working behind her, taking care of the political and legal aspect of handling a small town. So I doubt it will come to that.

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me." She raise one brow,

"I've just did Miss Swan, so now you can go." She turned and opened the door. She stepped in and when she was about to close it, I put my foot in between to stop her from fully closing it. Thank god for steel toed boots! "What are you doing?"