CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

SKYE'S POV:
I stood in the center of his sitting room feeling really nervous, and stressed, with my back turned to the door to the room.

The sitting room was small, but it was still by one or two feet bigger than my sitting room, the room was painted in dark brown with golden colored curtain, it was beautiful. He had a cream and dark brown flower printed sofas surrounding the room, and a tiger printed rug in the center of the room.

My relationship with Miles has not been at it's best and I was so upset with all that had been happening lately and had no control over it, or did I !

Miles had called earlier today to say we should meet up, I was ecstatic and extremely happy but what murdered my joy was the tone at which his voice said it.

He sounded off.

I quickly told him I would come over to his house since it was closer to the place of my per time job, and I had come earlier than planned cause the suspense was killing me.

Now I'm standing waiting for him to finish taking his shower, when I had arrived he had been in utter shock cause the real me is always an hour late but today I'm an hour early, as they say 'desperate times call for desperate measures'.

When I walked through his door, he told me to sit and wait, but my butt didn't just agree with it, it kept praying for freedom, so here I am now standing with sweating palm and closed throat, like a criminal waiting for my final judgement.

"Why aren't you sitting, I thought I told you to". He said, making me turn to face him. He stood by the door wearing a grey joggers and dark blue button down shirt, his dirty blond hair was still wet from the shower, and he still had drops of water falling from his face, he was so handsome that I felt my heart fall over again.
He walked to the nearest sofa to where I stood, and made himself comfortable on his sofa while making sure to pull me along making me sit on his lap.

"I just couldn't, the suspense was killing me, you know how I hate suspense". I said as I sat on his lap with my head resting on his chest, listening to his perfect heart beat, but today something was wrong, it wasn't it's usual rhythm it was totally different, call me paranoid but it sounded nervous, what was he nervous about he never gets nervous, not even when his dad was hospitalized or died, he was always the optimistic type.

Miles kept himself busy by taking his time to stroke every inch if my hair as it were the last time, I could feel it in my bones that something was wrong. Or was it just me? I pray it is.

"Skye, I wanted to tell you something, it...". I interrupted him cause I couldn't take it anymore, it was killing me, and if he said it I could fall here cold and lifeless, even with his strong hands and firm legs holding me in place.

"Tell me, I can't take this suspense, it.... ". I started to say but as life won't have it I was interrupted by him, not that I even had anything important to say.

Do you ever have any important thing to say?, my subconscious taunted.

"I was about to if you didn't interrupt me". He said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone, making me red with embarrassment.

"Sorry". I say looking at the buttons on his shirt, which has started to look like quite the escape for me and my unending nervousness.

"It is fine, I wanted to tell you that.... I... I am going to have to leave". He said casually, I must say, too casual for comfort that it scared the shit out of me, this guy telling me he wants to leave is my boyfriend, my boyfriend of over five solid---plus all our shortcomings---years and he is just saying it so comfortably.