Chapter 1- Escaping Hell

I woke up to a familiar feeling as I got up. Pain. Its what I always feel as a reminder of the night before, I get pain, from all the cuts, broken bones, and bruises. New and old. I can never escape pain because it will always be there, forever. And to think it was all caused by my pack and my "father", the ones who were supposed to always take care of me, make me happy, and make me forget that I was the cause of my mother's death but I know they will never let me forget.

I stand up as I hear the door open knowing what is about to happen. I look at the door as my used to be bestfriend comes in the room. Jace and I used to be inseparable, we would always cheer each other up when we were sad, angry, or hurt. But after my 15th birthday that all changed, I was labeled as a freak and a murderer and was put into one of the holding cells to stay here forever.

The first time Jace came in I thought he was here to rescue me. I was horribly wrong. As soon as he reached me he grabbed my hair and punched my face repeatedly. I begged and screamed for him to stop. It went on like that for hours on end and when he stopped he had tears running down his face. When I asked him what was wrong he told me that he had found his mate and when he continued it hurt me to know what happened.

~Flashback~

"What is wrong with that?" I had asked

"Your father made her a slave, Sarah." He looked at me with so much hatred in his eyes when he said this.

I was so shocked. My father was the one who always told me that you are supposed to always treasure your mate because he/she is a gift from the Moon Goddess.

"What? I don't understand-"

He took my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes and said "Sarah he has taken everyone's mate. He says if he can't be happy than nobody should."

I couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening. My father was taking away mates because of me, just another reason for me to die.

I put my head in my hands and rocked back and forth "I-I-I'm s-s-so sorry Jace. I-Its my fault its like this I killed my mom that's why this is happening. Why can't somebody just kill me already?"

What he said next was not what I was prepared for. I always thought that whatever I did Jace would always forgive me, that he would always be by my side to support me and that I wouldn't have to go through this alone.

He got up and looked straight at me with the hatred in his eyes increased and said, "It's because you deserve to go through the pain that everyone else is going through. I hope that you find your mate and he takes him away so that you can feel the pain everyone else feels for losing their mate."

With that said he slapped me one last time and walked to the door and letting in enough light for me to get a glimpse of the outside world. As quick as I saw it disappeared.

That night I did the one thing I hadn't done since I got there.

Cry.

~Flashback Over~

It been 4 months since then and every time something happened to someone's mate I get hurt and abused. No one has done anything inappropriate to me. That is the only thing I hold onto that is important to me.

I looked up at him with no emotion "What do you want?"

He was the one who did this to me. He told everyone what I told him and then everyone came after me.

He leaned down and sat in front of me "I know that you probably hate me but I am here to help you. Today everyone will be leaving to go to a huge wolf festival today so no one will be here because this is about the only event where we get to be with our mates so you'll have time to escape."

I took in everything that he was telling me but I didn't get if this is reality or a lucid dream and I'm imagining everything to help get through the day.

"I don't get it. I thought you hate me for everything I have done." I looked at him and saw him looking down.

"I admit that I did think it was your fault at first but then I realized that you couldn't help that your mom died giving birth to you. I bet that she was glad that she died instead of you. Plus you are my best friend and I hate seeing you like this so I want you to leave and go and live the rest life happy and not have to go through this again, so one day I hope you can forgive me after everything I have done to you and that you can be happy for real. And I hope you know that you will always bee my sister from another mister, okay?" he kissed my forehead and stood up.

I stood up also and hugged him tight and said, "I know that you were angered by what my father did to your mate of your mate and that you were just letting out your anger, but I will always remember. You are still my best friend/brother so I will forgive you and when I get away from here I will come back to let you and your mate out of this hell so you won't have to suffer anymore. I love you Jace so stay strong and remember that you will always be with me and I with you so please don't do anything crazy, okay?" I hugged for the last time since I wouldn't see him for along time again.

"I hope you don't have to come back here. I will always be with you so be safe"

With that and one last hug he turned and left. I looked around the room I was in. I was finally leaving after 3 years, I wouldn't have to go through pain anymore. I sat down and tried to remember any good times that I had with my family and nothing came to mind, just abuse, ridicule, and shame. I was glad I would not have to have to suffer anymore.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

~ 5 Hours Later~

It was time. I had heard them leave 20 minutes but I just wanted to make sure that they were gone before I did. I got up and looked through the window and the far wall and saw a ghost town.

"It's okay Sare you can do this. It is what you have been dreaming of. Now GO!" I thought to myself.

I took a step towards the door and reached and grabbed the handle. I took a breath in and opened it. I took a step out and let my eyes adjust to the light. When I looked around nothing was as I remembered it. It was gray all over and it just screamed misery. After memorizing everything I took off in a run towards the border and just thought about what was on the other side.

Once I reached the border I took a breath, closed my eyes and took a step. Once I opened my eyes I felt relief and happiness take over me.

But it didn't last long. About a minute of basking in happiness I heard a low growl. I turned around and saw two warrior wolves behind me. My breath caught in my throat when both of them snapped at me. I took off into a full on sprint.

As I ran through the forest I felt all the trees and plants scratch me but I was too worried about surviving.

I had felt myself cross into another pack's territory and my fear increased. If they found me they would kill me. And I couldn't turn around because my death would just be quicker, so I just kept running and tried to run faster.

Then I saw them. The other wolf pack. They were running towards me before one pounced on me. I saw the hate in it's eyes. I saw my life flash before up.

"P-p-please h-h-help me." I pleaded

I saw a blurry wolf face turn into a blurry human face of a handsome man. I felt my body become lighter. But just before I blacked out I heard one thing.

"Mate."

____________________________________________________________________________

I hoped you liked. Thank you for reading and spread the word.

Read.

Vote.

Comment.

And Add.

Picture to the left is Sarah and the song is Maroon 5- Love Somebody

Bye

-Lee