Chapter 2 - Waking Up

Darkness. That is all I saw.

Pain. That is all I felt

Everything around me was pitch black. I felt like I was floating but I could still feel the pain in my body. As my eyes opened I regretted it. The sun was shining and beating down in the room. I turned over and pulled the soft blanket back over me, Then it hit me.

I don't have a blanket, or a room with light.

I sat up and looked around. I was in a green and gold room, on a very big bed, and only wearing a t-shirt. I was about to start freaking out when I heard the door handle jiggle. I dove under the blankets and closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. I heard the person's footsteps come closer and stop at the end of the bed. Then I felt my shelter be pulled off.

"Hey, you can stop pretending to be asleep I'm not going to hurt you, okay?" the person spoke and from what I could tell it was a girl.

I looked up and my eyes met with a pretty pair of blue eyes. She was very beautiful unlike me. She had the prettiest blonde hair and perfect makeup, something I could never pull off. When I realized she was talking to me I snapped out of my trance.

"Huh?'" I was so confused about what she said

She giggled put her hair behind her ears " I said are you okay you hit your head yesterday and it was bleeding very bad yesterday."

Oh " I fi have been out since yesterday it should heal in 2 more hours."

She looked shocked and she was sniffing trying to see if I was lying about being what I am.

" You can stop sniffing I haven't shifted yet so you won't smell the scent."

Her eyes widened more after I said that. It happened every time someone came into my cell, they were confused as to why a human was their punching so the guards would have to explain to that person and they would just get to my punishment.

"But you look of age so why haven't you shifted." she looked like she was contemplating something until her eyes widened in horror. " Are you a halfling!?"

Halflings were an a abomination to our kind because weres and humans weren't supposed to mate unless they were mates. Then there started being more and more halflings born that the Council passed a law that stated if a werewolf was to have a halfling baby or a hybrid (vamp/wolf kid) they were to be banished, killed, or the abomination was to be killed. After that law passed all halflings were found and disposed of. And this is exactly why I was beaten because my dad thought that my mother had cheated on him with a human and I was born but it turned out that I was his child. Even the pack doctor tested me and the results said the same. I was full were.

" No I am full were but I am something of a disgrace and I'm worthless. 18 years old and I haven't shifted. My father even recognized this. So if your pack wants to kill me I would be happy to agree."

I was met with silence. I was about to look up when I was wrapped in a very tight hug. It as kind of hard to breath, but I cuddled into the hug and sobbed. It had been so long since I felt so much compassion from a women, since I had felt so much warmth, since I could cry  because of my problems.

" Hey I might not know you but from what we learned from the wolves chasing you, you ran a four days trip from your pack territory to our pack so you can't be worthless. Nobody can be worthless because the Moon Goddess has a plan for all of us. Maybe she has a special plan for you." she whispers in my ear. She leans back and wipes my tears "C'mon let's go get you some food."

I got up and I realized that I didn't have anything else on beside a short t-shirt and some underwear. I quickly rolled under the covers when I heard her gasp, I couldn't believe that I had been so stupid to let her see the bruises when I knew that I didn't have on the charm necklace that an Elder on the Council gave to my father that would hide all the all the bruises so nobody in the pack would feel sorry for me. I know even the Council thought that I was my mother's murderer and thought that I deserved every ounce of my 'punishment' so they paid a witch a lot of money to make the necklace especially for me and no one could take it off unless they were a witch or had the release word.

The girl looked at me with a terrified expression in her eyes. The next question was something I could never answer.

"Who did this to you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that its short. I haven't had an update in a while so the next chapter will be long.

Comment

Vote

See You Next Time.

~Lee