Chapter 2

Mia POV

On my way back, my phone rings. It’s Lisa.

Phone conversation (L-Lisa) (M-Mia)

M: “Hi Lisa!”

L: “Hey there sweetie!”

Lisa has become a very good friend. She works at Carter Corporation too as a secretary. I remember how awkward I felt the first time we met. She’s the type of girl who always looks perfect. Her clothes are never creased, her hair is never in a mess, and she’s always impeccable. In short, my direct opposite.

L: “It’s noisy, where are you?”

M: “I was at the park, something crazy happened to me. I’ll tell you about it… what about you.”

L: “I’m tidying up… It’s enthralling… Lucky I had more fun… last night…”

M: “What?! With who?! Tell me about it!!”

L: “Hmm… Not over the phone…”

M: “Are you serious, come on Lisa!!”

She loves to keep me in suspense. The worst is that she has me hooked everytime!

L: “I have to go; I’ll call you back tonight!”

M: “Wait! You can’t leave me like that!!”

L: “I’ll call you back after your lesson with Matt! You’ll tell me about it! Kisses!”

End of phone conversation

My lesson! I’d forgotten about it! I’d better get a move on… Yes, the latest news is that I’ve joined a gym to practice again.

I started Thai boxing when I was 8. I used to practice with my dad and I hadn’t gotten back to it since I moved here in America. But… Matt changed things… It just so happens that he gives classes of it a gym. As well as the rest, his practicing MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) has given him a sexy masculine body. So naturally I thought to myself: “How about joining his class, that way I can see him outside of work for a change…”
Not stupid Miss Mia Adriana! Lisa doesn’t know that I have a crush on Matt. She’s even less aware of all my tactics to get closer to him. Every time she talks to me about him, she assumes that I think of him as a friend.

Skip walking to the gym

The gym where Matt gives class is in Brooklyn. It also happens to be where he lives… The atmosphere is pretty pleasant. The sports hall is well equipped. I feel a little nervous about seeing him… Lately I’ve been nervous every time I’ve seen him. I could kick myself for it. I decided to wear my hot pants, they highlight my figure… I may as well stack all the odds on my side!

“Hi!” Matt greets me. He bends over, one arm across his waist, saluting me theatrically, it makes me smile. “Welcome to my lair, fair maiden”

I giggle as he kisses my hand in a devout manner, overacting it of course. What an idiot!

“So are you ready?” he asks me.

“Yeah. Ready to kick your ass.” I reply back.

Matt laughs as if I’d said the funniest thing ever.
“I’m going to take things slowly with you, babe.” He replies back with a smirk plastered on his gorgeous face.

He leans over to me as if to confide something and says: “I’ll be careful not to break one of your nails…”

I look at him with an air of defiance. He really thinks me to be a little innocent girly. I must admit, he doesn’t know a thing about my years of practice. If only he knew! I got to a really high level. And I’d be very sorry to damage his little angel face… Concentrate Mia!!

We started doing stretches. Circle arms forward and backwards about 10 times each. Rotating our necks up and down, side to side, left to right. Truck rotations 10 times. Leg rotations, this is when we were rotating our leg back and forth like putting out a cigarette. Then we started jogging on one spot, rope skipping, bag work, Muay Thai Pad work and we ended it with a 10 minute stretch.

A young boy interrupts us and proudly shows Matt the last move he’s learnt. He leaves as quickly as he came and Matt apologises inviting me into the ring.

“Who was that thunder bolt?” I ask him.

“A young boy that I’ve been training for a few years.” He replied back.

“He looked very proud to show you his move.” I say to him.

“Yeah. It’s what I’m proud of. Seeing these kids here, doing something with their lives than hanging around in the streets and messing in the wrong places…” He replied to me with a small smile. “Even if I can’t change the way things are, I can try.” He explains.

“I must give credit where credit is due…” I say to him.

“And it’s great for picking up girls.” He says winking at me.

I roll my eyes and nudge him on the arm. I’ve become accustomed to doing this when he plays the lover boy type. He doesn’t realise that his jokes make me more and more uncomfortable. As well as being sexy, funny and nice, he helps the young people in his neighbourhood to make something of their lives… For sure, it does help score with girls… Ha Ha

That will be end of chapter 2. Please do not forget to vote, share, and comment

Love ya’ll

CJWilliams1chronics