♩Prologue ♩

Phoenix P.O.V

"You know I never would've guessed you two were a thing. Huh." I tell her.

Megan smiles. "Well we are. So get over it." She replies while taking a sip of her tea, loudly, just to be obnoxious.

"A--hole." I say, loud enough for her to hear over the phone. Out my window I see bright red and blue lights flashing from the driveway. Automatically my heartbeat paces at a higher speed.

"Ah honey, you love me though." She laughs.

My mother calls me from downstairs. I sigh, "Okay Meg, I'll talk to you later."

"You better." She says before I hit the end button. I slip on my house shoes before walking down the black steps.

"Yes, ma?" I ask, nervously. I was scared at what she was going to tell me and confused as to why the police were outside our door. At the back of my mind I felt that it could only mean trouble.

Tears streamed down her face. "Your brothers been arrested."
___
Jessye P.O.V.

"I can't just go!" I yell. I couldn't just pick up all my stuff and go to a hearing school, and they were dumb as bricks if they thought I was. Hearing people don't understand, all they do is judge and ridicule others.

"Jessye, please. This is already difficult don't make it worse." My father says, while using his hands for clarification.

"No I'm not-"

"Yes you are-"

"Stop!" My mother interrupts, both of us as we argue our points.

She exhales. "Jessye your going and that's final." I couldn't believe the words that weren't coming out her mouth, but rather spoken with her hands.

"Fine." I reach for my coat besides the couch. I shuffle to the door and grab my keys.

"Where are you going?" My dad asks.

"Out. You expect me to cope with this, I need time. So just give me some space. Please." I say, before walking out.
____
Phoenix P.O.V

You would think after loosing your father that life couldn't get any worse but it can. Everything can- will get worse. I take a sip of my shake. Sitting at the cliff helped me cool down, even though it was always crowded, it was home.

I told my mother that I needed air after Paul's arrest and I needed time.
I get up and dust myself off. I glance at my phone as it vibrates. Get here now.-mom

I sigh, it must've been urgent if she texted. I walk quickly trying to get to my car. At the cliff you dont want people to know when your leaving. Because it always meant trouble. Suddenly a tall blonde kid bumps into my shoulder, harshly.

"Dude can you watch where your going?" I ask, a boy who looked around my age. He looks at me blankly, before glancing at my lips.

He was now standing in my way, planted in the only direction I could get to my vehicle. I scoff. "Excuse me. I need to get by." I say, politely, yet agitated.

He still stands there looking at my lips. "Are you deaf? Get out my way." I shout, so he can hear me and move.

He smiles and his eyes smiled too. "Actually I am."
___
Coming soon to Wattpad.
Get notified by following SuagarCakes
Look for it Mid January 2017
__