Rewind

Ignorant; A Cliche Love Story, Chapter 4

His body was dangerously close to hers as his eyes peered down at her figure. His breaths are light as they escape his partly opened lips. Phoenix's eyes were closed as she waited for his plump pink mouth to caress her own. He leaned in deeper taking her lips between his. She slowly kissed him back, cautiously, scared he may pull away. She wondered how the two of them even ended up in this secluded part of the house. As their lips collided against each other she thought hard.

She tried to remember...

Earlier that day....
Megyn and Rayiah had pulled up to her house, and after pleading with her mother she was finally able to exit her door. With Megyn driving and a nervous Rayiah in the passenger seat, they took off toward the house with the help of Google.

"Did you invite him?" Megyn asks as they turn the corner, a little too wide. She nods, forgetting she can't see her actions, she replies, "yeah he told me he'd meet me there." She responds.

"You know who else is gonna be there?" Megyn continues.

Phoenix's eyebrows raised as she waits for the answer she ached for. Instead of the excited response she wanted to utter, she settled with a nonchalant reply. "Who?"

"Gryffin. But I hear he's bringing Yesenia with him." Megyn retorts, face scrunched, bitterly. By now according to Google they were 2 minutes away from their destination, and Phoenix could not wait to leave the dangerous vehicle Megyn was currently steering.

Phoenix rolls her eyes, "what don't you hear?"

Raiyah clears her throat,"alright we are here." She waits until Megyn puts the car in park to open the door and stick her head out, vomiting on the sidewalk.

The brunette scrunchies her face up in disgust. "I was not that bad, was I?"

Rayiah's constant puking answers her question. Phoenix gets out the car and rubs Rayiah's back as she finishes her gut clenching actions.
She hands her a napkin and wipes her mouth, "thanks."

After putting her gum in her mouth Rayiah regains her posture. "Did you tell her the plan?" She mutters to Megyn. She shakes her head no.

Rayiah rolls her eyes before saying,"So the plan is to get you and Gryffin together, tonight. Yesenia or not." Rayiah's eyes never leave Phoenix's face as her mouth hangs open.

Megyn closes it and taps her chin lightly, "you'll catch flies."

Phoenix rolls her eyes, "No! That is the worst plan ever. And in case you have forgotten i need to be with Jessye, since I invited him."

This was just like her friends always trying to set her up. As she glanced at the closest people she had, she smiled. They were always so supportive, even when she never asked for their help.

"You'll still be with him but so will the rest of the group." Megyn stated while fixing her blue dress. The sleeves were cut off and the floral pattern brought out her light skin tone.

"He'll be fine." Rayiah said, reassuringly.

I nodded, already doubting this plan. We walked into the dark environment. It's walls reflected the color of black beans and the smell that suffocated the air made Phoenix want to puke.

Still she continued walking, following her friends to their group. Denny and Kai stood in the kitchen eating something dark. When they approach, Phoenix notices that they are brownies. Denny smiles at them, her skin always glowing especially in her red dress.

"Hey chicas!" She exclaims, her voice loud over the music. "Where is the new guy?" She asks Phoenix, not beating around the bush.

Phoenix shrugs, "I don't know."
She felt awkward. Denny gave her a look of disbelief. And Phoenix rolls her eyes. It seemed like she needed to prove to Denny that she could accomplish a little task like this one. And the challenge made her nervous.