Chapter Two: Reassignment

"On Thursday you have a meeting with the newly elected leader of Dracma," Hawkeye began, reading a list from a clipboard she was holding, "then on Saturday there's the inspection of the newly constructed Southern Command Center,"

"They finally finished that?" Roy chuckled, "It's about time. I thought that was supposed to be finished months ago,"

"That's correct sir but with all the storms that they've been having they've been putting off construction,"

"Understandable. Don't I have a dinner event on Sunday? Or was it Monday?"

"Don't strain yourself too hard sir, we both know you have a terrible time remembering things,"

"You know since I've become Führer you haven't become any nicer to me,"

"Sorry sir, it's hard to kick old habits,"

Sighing, Roy leaned back in his chair, rubbing circles into his temple. Even in this time of peace he was always busy. Why did it seem like Grauman was always relaxed when he was in charge? At this rate he didn't think he would ever make it home for the next couple of weeks.

"Are you even listening sir?" Hawkeye snapped lightly.

"Oh, sorry Hawkeye. Please, continue,"

"I was saying that the madam Führer also has an invitation to this dinner if she wishes to attend. Out of the two of you the public seems to be more in love with her. Not that they're saying that they don't enjoy you as a Führer, but they feel like Aileana is more relatable,"

"I can never win. Alright, I'll ask her once I return home this evening if she wants to come with me. Any new information from Miles and Scar in Ishval? Last I heard they had almost the entire state rebuilt,"

"Yes. We've word that nearly all the accounted Ishvalan refugees have returned. Though, there are always those who are not accounted for so it could still take another few weeks. Once that's completed they both would like you to attend a small ceremony signifying the reestablishment of Ishval,"

"Of course. Tell them to just give me the word once everything is done,"

"Understood. That brings us to the end of major events for the next two weeks. I'll make sure to contact you in case anything changes,"

"Does that mean I can go home now? I want to surprise Ily by coming home early. It's almost her birthday so I want to do something nice for her,"

"I had no idea, I'll have to get her something," she smiled a bit as she began to walk to the door.

"You don't have to ya know, it's not required,"

"Yes, but you forget that the madam Führer and I are friends, so I'd be more than happy for me to get her a gift,"

Dear Mom and Dad,

I wish the two of you were here! I'm learning so much from Mr. Alphonse and I feel like I'll have no problem with the exam. So far he says I have a real knack for agricultural alchemy so I think we're going to focus more on that for a while. Mr Edward came home for a little bit to see Trisha and Maes (who keep saying we all need to visit soon!) and to see how things were going for me. Miss May says that she and Mr. Alphonse may be having another baby after Catherine so that's pretty exciting!