Chapter 1

He ran. He ran trough Ikebukuro's streets that were even at night filled with people. The blond boy in his arms breathed heavily. Soon, he would lose consciousness. He had to hurry up and reach the hospital.
Mika. Fuck I'm so sorry.
He wasn't even sure if Mika could hear him, but he swore the bastard would pay for hurting his precious Mika. Ignoring the shocked faces of Ikebukuro's people, he finally reached the huge hospital.

                    one year later 

'Well, that's my new home.'
Yuuichirou looked at his small flat. Starting today, he would begin his life as a college student. Finally, he left the city filled with horrible memories called Ikebukuro. He looked around one last time and left his new home. He didn't want to risk being late on his first day of college.

Who would think the first day would be exhausting?
Tired, he sat down on a bench on the campus and closed his eyes.

'Excuse me, is the seat next to you taken?' Opening his eyes again, Yuu looked at the girl that spoke to him. She had brown eyes and ashen hair. 'No, feel free to sit down.' He smiled at her and noticed how small she was.
'Thanks.' The girl smiled back. 'By the way, my name is Shinoa, and I'm a freshman.'
'Oh, my name is Yuu, I'm also a freshman.' 'Nice to meet you, Yuu.' Shinoa grabbed her bag and took out some snacks.
'Want some?' She offered Yuu a bag of crisps.
'Thanks.' He took a handful and enjoyed the delicious taste.
'What do you major in?', Shinoa asked.
'Programming and designing. What about you?'
'You must be good at arts and maths! I'm majoring in dancing.' Shinoa scratched her head.
'W-Well, actually arts and maths are the only subjects I'm good at. But dancing? I imagine it being hard', Yuu said.
'It is. But I'm doing ballet since I was a little child and I pretty much sucked in school.'
'I have this feeling we will be great friends!' Yuu and Shinoa laughed.
'Yeah, we both aren't the smartest and we love crisps!', Shinoa joked.

They told each other a few things about their lives and joked about the stupid things the other one had done. Yuu learned that Shinoa had a girlfriend, who also studied dancing and was in the second semester. She grew up in Tokyo and was living with her brother. After some time, Shinoa spoke up:
'Hey Yuu, I'm meeting my girlfriend in a few, do you want to join us?' She grabbed another crisp of the now almost empty bag.
'But don't you two want to be alone?', Yuu asked shyly.
'Haha! She will be happy not being alone with me! I really like to tease and annoy her, you know. So please join us!'
Yuu didn't get how one could be this happy from knowing how annoying you were.
'O-OK, if you don't mind?', he finally said.
'Yayy!!!' She grabbed his wrist and dragged him to some place he didn't know.

'Micchan! Here I am ~!' Shinoa ran towards her girl - fried with full speed, still holding Yuu's wrist.
'Who did you kidnap this time?', she asked while Shinoa hugged her.
' A freshman at programming named Yuu!', Shinoa answered enthusiasticly.
'Oh, okay. I'm Mitsuba, nice to meet you, Yuu. And please don't take the kidnap-joke seriously.'
Mitsuba had blond hair and purple eyes. Somehow, she looked familiar.
'Don't worry, I realized Shinoa loves to joke around', Yuu said.
'You got that right', Mitsuba laughed. 'Why don't we go sit down?'

'So Yuu, you haven't told me where you grew up! The three of them sat in Mitsuba's dorm room and listened to some music.
'Hm? Oh, right! I grew up in Ikebukuro with my older brother, but I don't like talking about him.' Yuu's friendly expression changed. 'He once hurt someone and got arrested for that... I moved to Tokyo a month ago and I'm living in a flat next to my uncle's. He's actually the only one I like in my family, even though he can be a dick sometimes.'
Shinoa and Mitsuba kept quite. They hadn't expected Yuu's brother to be a criminal.
'I'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of brother... may I ask what's happened to the person he hurt?', Mitsuba finally asked.
'He...barely survived, but he's alive.'  Yuu's hands trembled. The girls looked up at him worried.
'So you grew up in Ikebukuro? My brother and sister lived there too!' Yuu was thankful that Mitsuba changed the subject.
'They did?', Shinoa asked - almost screamed.
'Yeah, until a year ago.'
'Why didn't you tell me?'
'I did, but you never listen.'
'Hmpf!' Shinoa pouted.
'Whatever why don't we make something to eat?', Mitsuba suggested.
'You mean, Yuu and I make something, Micchan, I won't let you go near a kitchen ever again.'
'Shut up, you midget!!!' The blonde threw a pillow at her girlfriend.

It was already evening when Yuu left Mitsuba's dorm room. On his way home, he decided to visit his former boyfriend - his stay was on the way and he hadn't visited him a while. So he entered the huge building and used the lift. Of course he knew the room number.
Room 314.
He knocked on the door but as expected, he didn't hear a 'come in'. He opened the door and entered the room. Guilt overcame him when he saw his former lover. He walked to his bed and grabbed his hand.
'H-Hey, it's been a while.' No answer.
Tears rolled down his cheeks. 'Fuck, I'm so sorry, Mika.'