Chapter 3

'Oh no! I'm going to be late!' It had happened three years ago. Yuu was a freshman at Highschool . It was a cold April day when Ferid Bathory invited Yuu for lunch. Ferid was a friend of Yuu's, even though he was five years older. Yuu liked Ferid's calm aura, he could talk to him about everything. Running through the streets, he finally arrived at Ferid's. Knocking on the door, he waited for his friend to open. Unexpectedly, Ferid wasn't the one who opened the door. It was a blond boy with shiny blue eyes.
'Hey, you must be Yuuichirou! My name is Mikaela, but you can call me Mika.' Mikaela smiled at him. Yuu kept staring at the beauty in front of him.
'H-Hey, nice to meet you, and yes, I am Yuuichirou but you can call me Yuu.'
'Ok, Yuu. Ferid told me he would join us later, he still has something to do. He said we should eat without him.' His blue eyes were sparkeling as he talked with Yuu.
'Oh, ok. Then let's eat.' He stepped inside and followed Mika to the living room.
'I think I saw youon Monday at the entrance ceremony. Are you a freshman, Yuu?'
'Yes, I am.' Yuu felt addicted to those eyes. 'And you?' He tried to hide the pink shimmer on his cheeks.
'I'm in my second year, so I'm your Senpai', Mika joked.
'Yeah, yeah, Mika-Senpai!' The two boys laughed.
Like this, the hours passed by. The boys enjoyed each other's company every day they spent time together.
It had happened three years ago. Yuu was a freshman in Highschool when he fell in love with Mikaela Shindo....

'Hello, Yuu-chan.' Mika smiled at him. His sparkelling eyes looked tired and dull. 'I see you're living in Tokyo now?' Yuu kept quiet. 'How have you been? I hope you're fine.' The strange smile in his face didn't disappear.
'Mika... since when were you awake? Why didn't Mitsuba tell me?' Yuu began to panic.
'She never told you because she never knew you were aware of my current condition. I woke up two weeks ago.'
'But yesterday-'
'I was already sleeping when you visited, Yuu-chan. But I was surprised, you haven't visited me in a while.'
'How do you know-'
'I was conscious all the time, even though my eyes were closed. You were so cute, you cried and apologized so many times.'
Mika's monotone voice scared Yuu. What happened to him? 'Look at you, you're crying again. That's why you could never fall in love with anyone else, even if you tried.' Yuu didn't even realized he started to cry.
'What do you know about me?' Yuu grabbed his bag and took a few steps back. Mika's strange smile widened.
'A lot. I can read you like a book, Yuu-chan. You will never fall out of love with me.' Yuu turned around and wanted to leave, but Mika drew his attention back with a simple sentence:
'At least that's what Ferid told me.' Now he faced Mika again.
'Ferid was-'
'Yes, he visited me some days ago. You see, I can even complete your sentences.' With that, Yuu ran out of the room. He couldn't endure it anymore.

'You're leaving? When I'll able to move on my own again, I won't let you go this easily, Yuu-chan...', Mika mumbled under his breath when he felt the tears he couldn't wipe away roll down his face.
I'm scared...

In a very few minutes, Yuu opened the door to his flat, crying.
'Yuu, welcome home - oh my, what happened to your face?' Guren came out of the kitchen and saw a crying Yuu.
'Mika woke up...' Yuu hide his face in his hands. Guren hugged his nephew and walked him to his room. He removed Yuu's shoes and laid him down on his bed.
'How was he?', Guren asked concerned.
'He was strange. He didn't move am inch and looked really broken.' Yuu cried harder.
'Shh, calm down, Yuu. Mika's just confused and probably shocked that he missed a whole year. I'm sure he still loves you.' He patted Yuu's hair. 'Now change your clothes and eat something.'
With that, Guren left the room.
Yuu turned away and looked at the picture which depicted a smiling Mika with a flower crown that was made by Ferid. He changed into a hoodie and shine sweatpants.
After having had dinner with Guren, he fell asleep on the couch.
When he woke up again, he found himself in bed and wearing his pyjamas.
Did Guren...
It was 6am, his classes would begin in two hours. He grabbed his phone and checked the messages he missed.
*heyyyy guys
^Shinoa
*why so angry Micchan
^Fuck you
What a great conversation they had. He got up and re-read the notes he had made in class yesterday.
At 8:30am, he walked to college.
Yuu was thinking about Mika and their conversation yesterday.
'Yuu-kun?' He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Yoichi who walked beside him.
'Oh, hey Yoichi. You're attending this college?', Yuu asked.
'Yes, I am a freshman here. I'm majoring in education. What about you?' Yoichi looked at Yuu.
'Programming and designing. I'm also a freshman.'
The two of them walked to college and were talking about their job. Yoichi told him that their manager was a really friendly and young man named Shinya. His little sister was also a freshman at this college. When they arrived, they said their goodbyes and went to their classes.
>I'm bringing a friend of mine to the bench today
*Yayy, our group is getting bigger and bigger!
^nice
At 11am, his classes ended and he was about to meet his friends again. When he arrived, Yoichi and Mitsuba were already there.
'Hey Yuu, I added Yoichi to our groupchat', Mitsuba greeted.
'Cool, I'm really impressed how fast I'm making friends in college.'
'Didn't you have friends in Ikebukuro?', Mitsuba asked.
'A few. But not much.'
'But you were friends with Mika, weren't you?'
'...yeah, kind of.'
'Speaking of Mika, I bet he feels lonely, I think I should visit him today', Mitsuba sighed.
'Sorry for asking, but who's Mika?', Yoichi asked.
'Oh right, you don't know! He's my twin brother who's in hospital.'
'Oh, I'm sorry, I hope he's okay...'
Yoichi looked sad when hearing about Mitsuba's twin brother.
'Hey Mitsuba.' Yuu stared at the cloudy sky. 'Did Mika already recover?' Of course Yuu knew he did not recover, but he didn't know how bad Mika's injuries still were.
'Hmm, so he woke up from his coma two weeks ago, he can talk, but he can't move on his own, probably from shock. And he gets tired easily. The doctor are currently trying to make him move his arms.'
Yuu couldn't say a word to this. So Mika didn't move an inch because he was not able to move.
'Yuu, are you crying?' Yoichi and Mitsuba looked at him concerned.
'I-I'm sorry! It's just... Fuck I'm not feeling well, I'm going home!' His friends looked rather concerned as they saw a crying Yuu walking past them.