Credence and a magical awkwardness

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating these last few days, but I just started work and I'm so freaking worn out these days... So to make it up to you, here's a wonderful new chapter with fun times and all. Even a new lovable character!

Something was quite different from the other two mornings, that I had spent with Credence. This time, he was the one who had awoken first and he had been up for quite a while, judging from the very fresh and excited expression on his face. His brown eyes where staring down into mine (don't feel like writing e/c everytime, so just imagine it ok?), with an extreme sparkle of happiness and excitement. I almost laughed when I remembered why he looked at me like that: I had promised to teach him magic. It would be so fun to see his excited face, as he performed his first magic spell successfully.

We quickly got up and had some breakfast, as I mulled over what bookstore, we should go to; it had to be a place where Credence wouldn't get too nervous about the crowds, a place where I knew people wouldn't report him. Most of the places I knew, wouldn't be any good for this and I really wanted Credence to experience the joy of shopping for his own schoolbooks. Then, as I reached for another piece of toast, it hit me! "Sir Sitwell's bookstore!" I yelled excitedly, which caused poor Credence to jump slightly and drop his bread on the plate "what's happening?!?" he croaked, staring nervously at me. I blushed and apologized for scaring him "well I was thinking about, where we should go shopping for your books and I finally found the perfect place" I smiled sheepishly. Credence just shook his head and laughed at my silly antics.

I noticed that Credence gradually got more and more nervous, as we finished eating and prepared to leave the apartment. "Credence, what's the matter? You're practically shaking?" I stared at him intently and patiently waited for an answer; I didn't want to push him too far. He stood there silently, staring at me with wide eyes, paler than usual and almost sweating from anxiety. I slowly walked closed and gently held hand in mine, with a calm expression. He seemed to calm down a little "what if... The bookstore owner knows who I am and reports it? What if one of the customers are aware? I-I don't want to be separated from you!" His voice quivered with fear. I softly stroked his cheek and calmly said "Credence listen carefully to me. There's nothing to worry about, I know the perfect bookstore. Just around the corner, lies an old bookstore. It's owned by a very close family friend, his name is sir James Sitwell and he will help us, we can trust him; he will be happy to help us, no matter what. He's extremely old and very smart and he will understand your situation better than anybody else." Credence calmed down a bit more but still looked unsure "h-how do you know that?" I gave him a grin "he used to be great friends with an obscurial and he taught me loads of things when I was younger. He may even know a cure for it, I remember that he cured quite a few highly unusual and dangerous magical ailments back in the days." The look on Credence's face was probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen; in an instant, his face relaxed, his eyes filled with hope and an almost child-like smile crept up on his face "you really think so? W-well if you trust him t-then so do I!" He had a whole new expression of fearful determination mixed with hope.

He had a firm grip on my hand, as we walked down the street and around the corner, still a little tense but far more at ease than before. There it was; the bookstore was old, rather tiny and seemed to have been squeezed in between the two much larger buildings. It didn't exactly stand out and one could easily overlook it, if they didn't know the exact location. The letters over the door, where faded against the dark wood and didn't seem to ever have been repainted. It said sir Sitwell's magical book emporium. I knocked on the door and gave Credence's hand a reassuring squeeze "this may tickle a little" before he could say anything, the door flew open and I felt an invisible force suck us in through the pitch black darkness. Just seconds later we both flopped rather ungracefully out of the door and landed on a soft mattress. I groaned dizzily "urgh I forgot that, that door tends to act up. No door should spit you out like that..." I looked over at Credence and instantly felt guilty "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the door, I forgot about it... Please don't be angry with me" I stared down at the floor out of guilt. He lifted my chin with a finger "firstly: I could never be angry with you and secondly: that's my line" he grinned and gave me a gentle peck on the lips.