Credence and the magic of the first wand

A/N: Hi guys! This chapter might be a bit choppy and weird but I did my best and I think it came out pretty nice. Please bear in mind that this particular chapter was oddly difficult to write, so if it seems strange in certain places, then just bear with me ok? On another note: I decided to send them to Ollivanders in London and write it so the current Ollivander had just taken over from his father and just started producing wands in his style. I hope you enjoy this chapter and maybe tell me whether it sucks or if its pretty good. Criticism is always appreciated :)

It was a gray and rainy day, the kind that makes you sigh and dread going outside, today however, that didn't hold true for Credence or me. This was the day he had dreamed of; today we where going to Ollivanders in Diagon Alley, London. It had recently been inherited by the son, whom James apparently expected great things from. I loved the happy look on Credence's face, I couldn't stop staring, in fact I stared at him so much, that I didn't even notice the no-maj sprinting towards us while looking at his clock, until he slammed into me and sent me flying a little backwards and onto the ground, where I heard a sickening snap from my back pocket. The man yelled an apology and quickly started running again, unaware of the tragedy that had just happened. My wand had broken. The only wand I had ever owned. The only wand I had ever actually used. I looked down at the sad remains and sighed deeply. Sure it had gradually grown unstable the last two weeks, but at least I had a wand; now all I was left with was dead broken pieces of a wand - it was about as magical as a dead twig. I noticed Credence's worried expression and sent him a grimace that resembled a smile "well at least it broke before we came to Ollivanders" his expression softened a little and he held out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up from the ground and into a warm hug, no words where needed. As we continued down the street, Credence kept an arm around my waist, gently comforting me, all the way to the bookstore.

We finally got to James' bookstore and he immediately noticed my broken wand "Merlins beard! What happened to your wand? Are you okay Nadia?" He quickly shuffled towards us and grabbed my face, turning it from side to side as he examined me for any visible scratches or wounds "I'm okay James a no-maj in a hurry just knocked me over by accident the only thing that got hurt was my wand." I sighed a little as I studied it; the core was clearly damaged beyond repair, the wood had splintered and some pieces where missing. I got pulled out of my musings when I felt a warm hand on top of my head. I looked up into the kind wrinkly face belonging to James "do not worry child, I will pay for a new one and it will be much better than this one ever was." I smiled a little and hugged him; James had always been incredibly kind and generous to me and now to Credence. I suppose he enjoyed having someone to spoil, he didn't have a close bond to his current living relatives after all. He barely even knew their names...

He patted me on the head and chuckled a little "now just give me a moment to get ready and then we'll be on our way! Oh before I forget, we absolutely must stop by that quaint little sweets store! Their fudge is just marvelous and oh those chocolate frogs! It will be delightful!" He croaked happily as he summoned his winter coat, scarf and hat. I laughed happily when I saw the clothes, they where so quirky and completely James: the coat itself was marine blue but it had been enchanted to have a living winter motif; it looked like snow was falling down in the jacket, gathering at the bottom, small snow white rabbits happily frolicked in the snow and Santa Claus flew around and around in his cane, with all the reindeer in place. His scarf was green with the text Merry Christmas appearing in red letters whenever one looked at it directly. His top hat was even Christmas themed with falling snow. I suddenly noticed James studying us with a frown, then he huffed "The two of you are rather lightly dressed for a trip to London. It will be snowing! Here take these and put them on. We don't want you to catch a cold" he handed each of us a scarf and a woolen hat, then cast a warming spell on us all. "Now let's get going!"