Franken-Mort's Monster

"I've never felt so much power!" Neville laughed, lifting his hands and clenching his fists as though he could see the aura that had burned around his body.

"And you shall have even more," Hadrian told him, linking his fingers before he gave that shark-tooth smile of his as he explained, "But first, you must prove your loyalty to me!"

"I'm listening," Neville hissed, his dark-brown eyes shining with raw magic that now powered him on to his own destiny.

Chapter 7: Franken-Mort's Monster

As September disappeared and October began, there was a sense of foreboding in the air for the students of Hogwarts;

Within Gryffindor Tower, there were mixed reactions to the fact that one of their own had now aligned himself with the Serpentine Camp, but aside from the neutral-mindedness of Dean and Seamus, Neville's only challenge – if he could call it that – came from Ron, who seemed to lack the ability to take Neville's warning to heart. As October began, the red-haired idiot could have broken the record for Hospital Wing visits as he practically spent every day reminding people of the countdown to Halloween and then comparing it to a day of dis-respect because their so-called hero was a snake and their only other hope was a lowly traitor.

As for the Slytherin Dormitory, they were surprised to set new heights and take notice of the fact that they were way ahead in the points running for the House Cup. Thanks to Hadrian's self-induced transformation of the first-years, none of them actually lost points in any of their lessons, not even Crabbe and Goyle.

And, as an added point, the Gryffindors lost points because of Weasley and Granger's constant complaints while some of those points were restored by the Dark Lion, who had undergone a whole new form of transformation when he became the new ranked-number one in the Lion's Den.

Needless to say that it was just a matter of time before a certain somebody decided to make a move on this;

However, the day that they picked…was the worst choice they could have made.

Darkness Is My Ally

Whether it was the storm that seemed to have rolled in overnight or the air of danger that their King presented from the moment he opened his eyes, they didn't know, but something told the Slytherin House members that this day, Halloween, All Hallows, Samhain, October 31st: today would bring danger and destruction.

Because of the storm, the day's Flying lesson was cancelled and, as a special treat in Charms that day, Professor Flitwick announced that they'd be starting on Levitation lessons. Because of the rainstorm outside, the four Houses were all together in this class and, on their own side, the Slytherins listened intently as did the Ravenclaws, though the Gryffindors seemed more intent on watching both Hadrian and Neville for any signs of weakness regarding the day.

At the head of the class, Professor Flitwick began his explanations to the class, "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation or the ability to make objects fly. Now, being as young as you are, levitation is limited to light-weighted objects such as the feathers in front of you, but, with time and training, you will be able to lift great weights with little effort. Now, remember to enunciate your wording for the spell: Wingardium Leviosa; off you go then."

One by one, the class members seemed to try and levitate the feather in front of them, some of them confusing the pronunciation while others managed to wave their wands like they had no idea what they were doing. Over on the Slytherin side, however, the green-clad witches and wizards all glanced to Hadrian with knowing smirks before the Slytherin King nodded once.