The Dark Knighthood

After all, the Black Kaiser had the power to tame the dark spirits within creatures of the night;

Including werewolves!

"Very well, old fool…let the games begin again!"

Chapter 16: The Dark Knighthood

Reaching Hogwarts, Hadrian was still in his darkened mind-set about the revelation concerning their newest Professor, but with the Brotherhood by his side, it seemed like he now had the allies and means to enjoy his time without needing to do much more than confront Mr Lupin about his place at Hogwarts.

Admittedly, the Slytherin King had to confess that it was a good move on Dumbledore's part: a good move, but a foolish one.

Bringing a blast from the past to Hogwarts at about the same time that Sirius Black escaped Azkaban to make sure Hadrian returned to the path of good: at the same time, Remus would incite a bit of trouble with Severus, which would lead to some old-time war wounds opening up for the Potions Master. Then, with a few choice words and maybe the odd meeting, Remus would probably try and turn Hadrian towards the way of the Gryffindors while making sure that the Slytherins lost their King.

Yeah, it was a good move, except for one little thing:

With Luna acting out in Ravenclaw, Neville and Hermione in Gryffindor and the majority of the Brotherhood in Slytherin, Hadrian had eyes and ears in ¾ of the school and allied forces in Severus as well as Hogwarts herself.

So while it was a good move, it was a foolish one because Hadrian would see the trouble coming before Dumbledore even had a chance to do anything to spark the fires of his plan.

Climbing out of the carriage when they reached Hogwarts, Hadrian took a moment to stop and, moving to the front of the carriage, he lifted his hand and gently patted at the leathery snout of a horse-like creature with spindly legs, an-almost skeletal body and leathery wings, his expression actually softening as he looked upon the creature.

"Such beauty," Hadrian whispered, earning a snicker from the equine creature, "And such a shame that one has to witness death to see your glory."

"Talking to yourself now, Potter?" asked the familiar human-foghorn voice of Ronald Weasley, earning a sigh from Hadrian while the Brotherhood, ever loyal to their King, moved to intercept the trouble while Ron added, "You know they say that's the first sign of madness, but then again, you are mental hanging around with Death Eaters and freaks!"

"And you are mentally-challenged for not being able to open a book, Weasel-bee," Draco replied, his own eyes able to see the creature that his King was whispering to as he explained, "Because then you'd know that Thestrals pull the carriages of Hogwarts and not the great magic people claim to have witnessed."

"Thestrals don't exist," Ron laughed, but Hadrian just turned, the Brotherhood now stepping aside like a well-trained military procession as the Slytherin King approached his local village idiot.

"Tell me, Mr Expert," Hadrian drawled, earning worrying looks from the group with the sarcastic barb in his tone, "Have you ever seen a Thestral?"

"No…"

"No!" Hadrian agreed, "Because to see them, one has to have witnessed death itself, but then again, from the rumours I heard on the way here, you may as well have seen death incarnate with those Dementors. Apparently, you were crying for Mummy and close to wetting yourself!"

"That's not true," Ron scowled, but the Brotherhood's laughter covered up his exclamation while Ron added, "Anyway, if anybody should have been shitting themselves, it'd be you, Potter: remembering the only event that nobody else could compare to. How'd it feel? Remembering Mummy and Daddy like you did?"