Keep Your Friends Close

'Very.'

'Then tell me,' asked the spirit of Tom Riddle, 'What do you know…of the Chamber of Secrets?'

Chapter 12: Keep Your Friends Close

Halloween, just like the year before, was a turning point for the Slytherin King in his plans for power;

The key change that he had discovered was his plan for a certain disowned red-haired Slytherin as, at breakfast that morning, Hadrian handed Ginny a letter that he'd received a week before. The letter was from one Lord Xenophilius Lovegood, who wrote that he was willing to take Ginny as his daughter because of her friendship with Lord Lovegood's daughter. A quick word with Luna had Hadrian confirming the proposal and, when Ginny thanked him, she told Hadrian that she was forever in his debt.

"Just don't come chasing after me like some crazed psycho-fan-girl and we'll be even," Hadrian had advised her, before returning to his breakfast.

Afterwards, however, in the run-up to the Halloween Feast, Hadrian discovered a bump in the road to what he had hoped was going to be a quiet Halloween Night.

A bump by the name of Gilderoy Lockhart…

Darkness Is My Ally

Excitement and tensions were mounted within the Slytherin Dormitory as the Halloween Feast's beginning drew near; for the Brotherhood, who'd opted to spend time away from the feast and hold a private memorial with their King, they were both alarmed and concerned when Hadrian told them that he was planning on going to the feast anyway.

As he prepared for the night's festivities and the sense of honour that it held for him, Hadrian was surprised when, as he emerged from the shower area of the boys' dorm, he found Blaise, Draco and a blushing Pansy waiting for him, the latter averting her gaze as she saw his pale, topless frame. Each member of his Brotherhood's innermost commanders – with the other being his honorary sister, Hermione Lestrange – looked almost solemn and a little unnerved by the sight of their King looking so calm, but, at the same time, Hadrian saw Blaise's eyes shift to Pansy before he looked back to Hadrian.

"So," Hadrian mused, going to the wardrobe where he removed a silk robe decorated with Slytherin colours as well as a finely-crafted blood-red shirt and tie for the occasion. "Anyone going to tell me why you look like you've killed someone I care about or do I have to make you tell me?"

"Erm…H-Hadrian?" asked Pansy, swallowing as she regretted asking the boys to let her speak with the King, but this had to be discussed; while Hadrian changed into his clothes, she continued, "I…I heard you…you were going to the feast this year, huh?"

"Like any normal Hogwarts student," Hadrian answered, buttoning his shirt before he tied his tie around his neck, "Why do you ask, Pansy?"

"Well…there's something I need to talk with you about," Pansy explained, suddenly aware of Draco and Blaise moving to step away from her and instead help Hadrian finish his dressing, "It…it's not an…an insult or something challenging, but…there's something I need to tell you."

"Then tell me," Hadrian replied, spreading his arms so that the boys could slip his robe onto him, "As a member of the Brotherhood, I'm willing to hear you out: just remember about what I can do to those I don't like."

"O-Okay," Pansy gulped hard before she continued, "D…do you remember l-last year? When that troll attacked Hogwarts?"

"It was all people talked about for a while," Hadrian answered, fastening his robe around himself before he asked, "But as you know, I wasn't there, so what are you trying to say?"