1) The New Start

August 9, 2016
Miami, Florida

•••

I stared at myself in the shining mirror that was standing before me. I sighed at the thought of a new chance. But here I am. I'm the same Italian little boy, Liam Nozzo, who wanted to remain in Italy. I didn't have no choice. Im now the seventeen year old with an invisible but dangerous purpose.

I pushed my black silky hair into it's normal position after messing it up with my grey sweater which I wore to cover up my tattoos. I took one last smoke of my cigarette before throwing it into the ash cup.

One last year.

I grabbed my Mercedes keys and headed for the door. I stepped outside into the bright shining sunshine. The morning smell of nature hit my nose. I slightly smiled. I got in my car and drove to Miami Northwestern Senior High School.

Once I arrived, I stepped out as the noise of eager chatting teenagers filled my ears. I looked around and things looked kind of nice. As I closed my door, a group of girls walked by. One glanced at me, turned back and whispered to another girl and begun giggling, then winked over at me.

I felt the urge of rolling my eyes but I kept on. Walking towards the large building, I spotted a light skinned, brunette haired girl with light pink tips attempting to open her locker, I guess. By my need of getting around, maybe this is an advantage.

"Hey, need any help?", I asked politely.

She startled back, bumping into me then looked back. Her crystal green eyes meeting my dark hazel brown eyes. She had tiny specks of freckles around her cheeks.

"Oops, sorry. You kinda snook up on me there.", she confesses. She had a slight accent. Maybe Middle Southern, I'm guessing.

"Nah, you good. Sorry about that. But you looked like you was in need of some assistance with your locker?", I questioned.

"Yes, yes. I was.", she answered.

She moved over and allowed me to knock my elbow against the combination lock, which popped it right on open. She then smiled brightly and thanked me.

"Say, do you know where room 406 is located?", I asked.

"Umm, I'm willing to show you, if you allow me.", she informed.

"Please do.", I insisted.

She closed her locker and grabbed her book sack, leading the way. We walked in total silence around the first block.

"Are you from around here?", she asked as she broke the silence in between us.

"Umm, no. I'm from New York.", I answered quickly. It explained my pale skin but it was a lie.

She just nodded.

"So, what about you?", I asked, attempting to sound curious but, I obviously failed.

"I'm from New Orleans. This is my second year here.", she answered.

I nodded, trying to look interested. We headed on for a flight of stairs. Once we got to the hall, there was only about 5 classes.

"I got it from here, thank you.", I said quickly.

She eyed me closely. I followed her eyes drifting on towards my jawline which had a long fresh scar. I felt the urge of rolling my eyes, once again but killed the urge.

"And, your name is?", she asked.

"Liam.", I answered.

"Nice to meet you, Liam. I'm Aubree."

I simply nodded and walked past her. Without looking back, I found my class as the bell rung. Well, she's late for trying to hold a conversation, none of my problem.

•••

The day was long. Real long. Seductive glares from my youngest teacher, Ms. Turner. Death glares from guys whose girls stares at me. Kindly glares from them kids that sit in the back of class with their hoods on. Disgusting glares from nerdies.

As I waked out the building, I looked over and saw "Binky", trying to open her locker again. I rolled my eyes, finally. I just kept walking.

The rest of the week was the same. Usual events.

____________
______
__

Haiii! This is the first chapter of my story. It's kinda short, of course. But it's worth it. This time, I will not be having multiple point of views. This is just going to be told from Liam's point of view. I have no picture in mind for Liam. Just imagine him. You can use the cover for an visualization or you can think of him as Shawn Mendes, Cameron Dallas, Christian Grey, Machine Gun Kelly, Eminem, Alex Aiono, whoever. Just imagining them in the way I describe them. Black silky hair, tattoos, brown eyes, and pale skin. I'll describe him more throughout the story. Do the same for the rest of the characters too, such as Aubree.

~ Kayla