4) Connections

Friday
November 5, 2016

•••

I looked over at Jason who was watching me roll up another piece of paper to throw at Mr. Smith, the senior math teacher. Mr. Smith and I are cool people. I aimed while he was turning, demonstrating the equation. I threw the paper to the back of his head with full force. He jolted and spun around with an angry look. Jason threw his head down onto the desk so he couldn't see that he was laughing. I put on a straight face and watched.

"You all got 2 minutes to find out who that was or you all are being sent home!", he yelled.

I smirked as everyone begun looking around. Of course, there will be this one snitch who wants to lock you up. Right now, it's Dara McNeil. Dara is bright chocolate girl. She's cute and all but her attitude just makes me want to smack the living shit of her.

"Mr. Smith ... I think I know who might be a culprit.", Dara looked at me, teasing.

Everyone looked at me, including the teacher. I rolled my eyes as I opened my mouth to snap on Dara but Mr. Smith beaten me to it.

"Mr. Nozzo, pack your bags. You got detention.", Mr. Smith stated as he marched back to his desk. He wrote me a slip and sent me on my way. As I'm almost out the room, I stopped and flicked Dara's nipple, making her gasp as others laughed.

I left the classroom and headed downstairs. Walking into the detention room, I saw multiple students. The room smelled like sex and cigarettes. Trying to get used to the scent, I gave the woman my slip and found a seat. I sat next to some dark skinned dude. He had a wavy fade, he looked chill. I pulled out my binder to organize some shit. Going through everything, I saw a note Ms. Turner left me.

The note read ...

Meet up with me after school. My class. - Cyntiha

Since when in the hell was it okay to be announcing the first name to students. Stuffing the note in my backpack, I saw the boy trying to get my attention. I looked over and raised my eyebrow, letting him know that I was listening.

"Yo, man. I think you new here. I'm Rodrick.", he whispered.

I nodded and we dabbed each other up.

"Liam."

"So, whatchu here for?"

"Mr. Smith. Just being foolish. What about you?"

The guy chuckled softly and shuck his head.

"Mr. Smith can be a trip sometimes. I'm up here for banging some bitch in the boiler room.", he said.

My eyes few wide at his confession.

Holy shit, I love this school.

"I mean, lil shorty tried to flex on a nigga, I had to teach her some manners .. She scream as loud as she yell. And now, I'm here."

Lord, this child.

I shook my head.

"So, who is this chick?"

"Drameisha Barnes. Eboni Meyer's side kick."

Trying to search my brain, trying to get some contact on her, never heard of her.

After hours of chatting, the bell finally rung. Grabbing all my things, I stood up, said goodbye to Rodrick and parted my way. I walked towards my Benz which was parked in the parking lot and drove off. I was heading to Aubree's house. She had a fever.

I ran up her steps and rung the doorbell. She answered in a Ninja Turtle onesie. Chuckling at her silliness, I walked pass her. She shut the door and turned back around. I dark skinned man came out the kitchen, he was dressed in a suit.

"Hello, sir.", I greeted.

"Hello, you must be a friend ... That I don't know about?", he asked. He stared down at Audrey at the last statement.

"Um. This is my friend, Liam Nozzo .. He's new to Miami. He's from New York.", Aubree assured.

He got the "impressed" face, with his eyebrows going up with amusement.

"New York, huh?", he asked as he came closer.

"Yes, sir .. You're familiar?"

"The name is John Henry. Pretty sure, you're familiar.", he said while reaching out his hands.

Damnit.

"Yes, sir. I'm aware. Nice work, sir.", I said, trying to sound amused.

He chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Nozzo.", he said as he walked away.

Aubree glanced over at me with an expression of embarrassment. I laughed and pulled her into me, giving her a bear hug. She giggled and wrapped her arms around me. We soon let go and she led the way upstairs. I followed her to a room, her room, I'm guessing. It was midnight blue with pink all around. It was nice. She pushed me onto her bed and fell next to me.

"Sorry about my dad .. He think he's the shit.", she said out of nowhere.

"Naah, naah. It's all cool, shorty."

"So, you familiar with my father?"

"Yeaaaah, kinda. Eh. How's your mother?", I asked, knowing it was a random assumption.

She raised her eyebrows at my question.

"My mother is dead.", she said softly.

That makes two of us.

"Sorry .. Didn't know."

She simply nodded.

"How's yours?"

"Same as you."

"Oh, my fault .. How's your father?"

"Same as my mother."

She raised her eyebrows again.

"How's your sister?", I asked with a smirk.

"I'm the only child .. How's your sister?"

"She's .. Um .. In New York. So are my brothers."

Aubree just nodded. I laid my head over her lap and played in her hair. She just smiled and stared into my eyes. I felt bad for lying to someone so beautiful as her. She softly kissed my forehead, which made me smile at how unexpected it was.

"Come on, girl! We gonna have some fun today!", I sat up and yelled.

Aubree rolled her eyes and got up and headed for the bathroom. I sat back and watched, enjoying the view.

After an hour or so, she returned back into the room, fully dressed. We went all over town, just bonding.

____________
______
__

That was such a wait, I agree. 💁🏽 Hope you enjoyed. 😊👩🏽‍💻