6) Am I Right?

Friday
December 2, 2016

•••

"You're just dumb, nigga.", Jason commented as he snatched my paper, scanning over it.

I been failing English for quite some time now. I got so desperate to the point where my tutor is Jason. Out of all people, Jason. Aubree been touring colleges so we only FaceTime and text. I just miss holding my best friend.

"And you seem to be improving just a notch.", Jason commented again as he handed my paper back.

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Good, great. Your ass can just go hit the gates. Thanks.", I shooed him off. I sat all my bullshitting ass papers on the kitchen counter.

"You going to that party tonight, bro?"

"What party?", I asked.

"Mane .. Eboni having a wild party tonight. It's gonna be tight.", Jason answered.

I simply nodded and grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge. Jason walked around and grabbed a new bottle of Hennessy out of my cabinet. My eyes widened at him as I gulped down the remaining water as I squatted his hand.

"Fuck you think you are?", I yelled.

He smiled and grabbed a can of Coke Cola.

"Be ready by 9, my nigga.", he screamed as he walked outside.

I closed my cabinet and grabbed my phone. Then my doorbell rung. I walked to it in the little time I had because I wasn't expecting and visitors today but that bastard, Jason. I swung the door open and there stood my dad.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit, Liam, shit!!!

"Hey, Dad ... Wass--"

He pushed past me, cutting me off in the process as well.

"Dovevo andare fino in America perché le mie parole non erano chiare ... Non prendersi cura di merda.", he mumbled as he walked through the house.

I know he got some nerves.

"You wanna tell me what's happening or--"

"Cassondra is in danger! I told you this and this situation ain't getting no better!", he yelled.

"God, what in the fuck am I supposed to do?! Fly to damn Italy to be a 'hero' and somehow defeat my own biological father to protect my sister!?", I asked sarcastically.

"THAT'S IN THE FUCK YOU'RE GONNA DO, LIAM! TI UCCIDEÓ! YOU NEED TO FACE YOUR DAMN RESPONSIBILITIES! YOUR NO GOOD MOTHER NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT TEACHING YOU THAT, WHERE IS SHE NOW?!", he yelled.

He had a point. I don't like facing reality. I just party, have my little ladies in and out my house, just to take my mind off my business. Especially when it comes to Cassondra.

"Damnit! Okay, Dad! Okay!", I yelled as I sat on the couch, running my hand down my face.

He crashed down beside me, running his hands through his salt and pepper colored hair.

"Calm down, son. I'm sorry ... You're just the only close bond I had to a son .. A-and seeing that your mom didn't really give a fuck .. I wanted to take control. I wanted to be there for you.", he said as he sighed.

"Thanks, Dad.", I mumbled, blinking the tears from my eyes.

"Okay, I need you in the country by Monday at 12 PM, no later. If we're gonna do this, we have to do it right ... We have to get him gone. He got many enemies, if we both flee by Wednesday, we may be non suspicious.", he explained.

"By non suspicion, you mean?", I asked.

"Well, they will suspicion us but they will not know our whereabouts. All we did was run to America ... It'll throw them off track."

I nodded, running my hands through my hair.

"It's a damn shame I had to come out here ... Let me get outta this damn country .. Hate it.", my dad mumbled as he let himself out.

I chuckled to myself, thinking about what I'll be doing if I didn't have him. I wouldn't have nothing. I'd probably be dead by now. Me nor my mother would've no chance of surviving. My father is really about that life.

Standing back upon my feet, I locked the door behind my reckless father. I pulled my phone out my back pocket and FaceTimed Aubree. After two seconds, she answers. Her curly hair flashed through the camera, making me smile.

"Bestfriend!", I yelled.

"What's up, boo?", she responded calmly.

"Had to give my bestie a call. Where you at?"

"In this damn hotel.", she answered.

"Still in Arkansas?"

"Yesssss. And I'm ready to go. This muggy ass whether.", she whined.

"Come back cause I miss you!", I yelled as I faked cried.

"Boy, getchu ass up.", she commanded.

"But I won't see you in a looong time, Bree."

"What? I leave tomorrow night. Ain't that long."

"No, I'm going back to It-- .. New York."

Shit.

I mentally slapped myself.

"Oh my gosh. Nooo. I miss you too much for us to be this far apart!", she complained.

"I'll be back before your birthday, don't worry."

Aubree sometimes feel like that younger sister I never had. She's just so subtle with me and I like that very much.

"Really?"

"Yes, boo.", I comforted her.

She smiled in the camera, widely. Then I heard a door swing up. Aubree turned her attention. Then I heard some girl yapping to Aubree. I guess that was my cue to leave, so I typed up a message and ended the call.

I looked over and thought about calling India over but I didn't want to seem like I was just using her for sex or just wasting her time. But one date wouldn't hurt, am I right?

To be continued ...

____________
______
__

Sorry for a shitty ass chapter ... 😭 But, I'm up here watching New Edition and hell. 🤷🏽‍♀️ School is out .. So it's time for me to get back rolling on em'. Ya feels me? Part Two Coming Soon!

~ Kayla 🙊