Chapter 02

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy ^^^

   The morning sun beat down on Lyra's pale face. Her gray eyes shot open remembering what today was. Lyra jumped out of her large bed quickly, excited for what was coming. After she got dressed, Lyra started to haul her luggage down the stairs. Her trunk made an annoyingly loud thunking noise every step down.

   "What is causing this noise?" Lyra's father asked annoyed as he looked at Lyra.

   "It is quite heavy Father." She replied.

   Having enough of the racket, Lucius pulled out his wand and muttered:

   "Wingardium leviosa."

   Suddenly, all of Lyra's luggage started to float up in the air at her father's will with his wand controlling it.

   "Woah, thank you Father."

   Just as Lyra stepped off of the last stair step, she heard thunking again. Lyra looked behind her to see Draco struggling with his trunk.

   "Father can help you with that." Lyra suggested to her brother.

   "I can do it myself Lyra, I'm not a child!" Draco said offended.

   "But it will be much easier, Draco."

   "You think I would actually take advise from you?" Her brother spat.

   There was a loud clearing of a throat from behind Lyra.

   "Lyra," she stiffened as she heard her father spoke, "let Draco do as he wishes."

   Draco smirked a pompous smirk. Then he continued to drag his trunk down the staircase looking like a fool. Draco, the spoiled boy always knew how to get his way.

   "Now, hurry up Draco." Lucius said to his son.

   Lyra flinched violently as her father rested his snake-tipped cane on her shoulder.

   "Now, we musn't be late! The Hogwarts Express leaves at exactly eleven." Narcissa said as she entered.

-

   Muggles surrounded the Malfoy family as they walked in the King's Cross Station while Lyra and Draco pushed their trollies.

   "Father, won't the muggles notice us?" Lyra asked the father.

   "Those oblivious muggles are too stupid to notice." Draco answered for his father.

   "I think muggles are lovely." Lyra stated.

   Lucius stopped walking and turned to his daughter.

   "Don't be daft, Lyra muggles waste the oxygen on this earth." He said in a low voice.

   The Malfoy family slowed to a stop between platforms nine and ten.  Lucius and Narcissa never told Draco and Lyra how they exactly get to Hogwarts.  Lyra and Draco looked blankly at their parents. 

   "Draco, Lyra, all you have to do is run through platforms nine and ten."  Narcissa informed her son and daughter. 

   "But thats mental!"  Draco snarled. 

   Just after Draco stated this, his father nudged him in the back with his cane.  Draco stumbled a bit then jogged in between the platforms.  Then he simply... disappeared behind the wall.

   "Hurry up Lyra, go!"  Her father pressed. 

   "But Father, I-I'm a bit scared." 

   "Run, Lyra."  Was all her father said.

   She started at a slow jog, then she started to run faster.  She closed her eyes tightly shut as she ran right through the wall. 

   She slowly opened up her eyes to see bodies bustling around her.  She looked up and noticed the sign that used to have platform ten written on it.  Instead it said platform nine and three quarters.

   Lyra looked behind her, Lucius and Narcissa had just stepped through the platforms.  Then she noticed Draco.  She caught up with him.

   "Draco, are you nervous?" Lyra asked her brother.

   "Why would I be nervous?"  Draco said haughtily. 

   "Well, what if we don't get sorted into Slytherin?" 

   "We are Malfoys, of course we are going to get sorted into Slytherin." 

   Lyra nodded reassuring herself.

   As they reached the boarding area, Lucius stopped Lyra by hooking the snake tip of his cane on her shoulder.  Lyra gasped as her father turned her around to face him. 

   "Father, the train is about to leave, Draco already boarded-"

   "Lyra, you better not dissapoint me."  He said ignoring what Lyra recently said. 

   Lyra did not know how to respond to her father.  She just gave her mother a hug and boarded the train not bothering to say good bye to her father. 

   She looked at the many compartments infront of her with mingling students. 

   She passed many compartments all full until she stopped to see one with only one boy who was clutching a small toad.  The boy had brown hair and was rather plump with a nervous expression on his face.  Lyra opened the compartment door.

   "Excuse me, may- may I come in."

   The boy only nodded his head a little.

    "Whats-whats you name?"  She asked

   "I-I'm Neville Longbottom."  He said in a shaky voice.

  "I like your name, I'm Lyra, Lyra M-m-mal-f-foy."  She said trying to keep her voice even.

  The boy's eyes opened wide as she mentioned her last name.

   "M-malfoy?"  Neville's voice cracking.

   Lyra's head fell.  Then she suddenly looked up when Neville's toad slipped from his grasp as he said this.  The toad hopped straight out of the compartment's door.  Neville looked at Lyra then suddenly jumped out of his seat running after his toad.

   Malfoy, the name people shuddered at.  The name with a reputation everyone was afraid of.  Lyra had never met another witch or wizard who was not a friend of the Malfoy family.  But Lyra knew better than to state her name proudly if she didn't want the same reputation as Lucius, Narcissa and Draco.  Though, so far it has not worked out as she had hoped. 

   The train ride to Hogwarts felt like forever.  No one to talk to, just Lyra and her box of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans.  Until a girl about her age with bushy brown hair and rather large front teeth stopped in front of her compartment.

   "Have you seen a toad?  A boy named Neville has lost one."  She asked Lyra

   Lyra only shook her head in response.

   The girl just continued on to the other compartments asking if they had seen Neville's toad.

   Lyra looked out the window in her compartment, the sky was turning dark.

   Suddenly the train came to a stop.

      Heyyyyy!!  I hope you liked this chapter!  Once again I ask you for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.  Tell me if its too boring and what not.  And if you liked this chapter please remember to VOTE AND COMMENT!!
   -giantsfan101