Chapter 04

Lyra's eyes were wide enough to pop out of their sockets. She found Draco among the other students with his eyes as wide as her's. Lyra looked around the room, silence. Silent stares. Lyra scanned the Gryffindor table, no one looked particularly happy. Even Professor McGonagall looked confused.

   Lyra carefully took the Sorting Hat off of her head and gave it to Professor McGonagall. Still, no one clapped exept for the Head Master, Professor Dumbledore. She awkwardly walked over to the Gryffindor table with her head down.

   What would Father do?  He would be furious!  A Malfoy, in Gryffindor?  Why can't I just be like the rest of my family?

   Lyra thought to herself.

   Lyra noticed the girl with bushy hair she saw on the train at the Gryffindor table too. Her name was Hermione, she was chatting away with the others around her. She raised her head to see her brother scowling at her from the Slytherin table.

    After the feast when all of the first years were rounded up to be shown to their dorm rooms Draco approached Lyra.

   "I'm going to make sure Father hears of this Lyra, you being sorted into Gryffindor." Draco said with a slightly mischeivious smirk.

   "Draco no," Lyra pleaded, "do you know what Father would do?"

   "Well, I'm going to send an owl to Mother and Father wether you like it or not." Her brother spoke.

   The Head Boy, a curly redheaded boy who obviously thought too highly of himself. Percy Weasley. Another Weasley.

   Lyra felt oddly satisfied following a Weasley up a marble staircase to the Gryffindor dormitory. Almost a complete combination of everything Lucius hated. Lyra chided herself for thinking that way and returned to pondering what Draco might write to her father.

   The new Gryffindors climbed staircase after staircase. Everyone was dragging their feet up each step. She started to notice herself getting extremely tired. Everone was yawning right and left.

   Lyra wondered if this was ever going to end. Of course, the fact that she was overwhelmed with tiredness made the walk to the dormitory excessively longer than it should have.  They came to a sudden halt.

   A bundle of walking sticks was floating in midair ahead of them.  Just as Percy stepped forward, they started throwing themselves at him. 

   Lyra gasped out of excitment and suprise.

   "Peeves,"  Percy whispered to the first years.  "A poltergeist."  He raised his voice, "Peeves- show yourself." 

   Lyra looked around for the poltergeist until a loud, rude sound answered.

   "Do you you want me to go to the Bloody Baron?"

   There was an abrupt crack like sound in the air as a little man appeared out of no where. 

   "Ooooooh!  Ickle Firsties!  What fun!" 

   He swooped suddenly at them as Lyra and the other first years ducked from the insane little man.  

  Percy finally barked at Peeves to go away and let them be, which Lyra was greatly thankful for.  The evil cackle disturbed the young Malfoy girl from the inside out. 

   Percy started rambling on again about Peeves and warning the first years to watchout for him.  You didn't have to tell Lyra twice. 

   Lyra looked wearily at the floor as she dragged her tired feet until they stopped at a potrait of an extremely fat woman in a pink silk dress. 

   "Password?"  She said.

   "Caput Draconis,"  said Percy, and the portrait swung forward to reveal a hole in the wall.  As they scrambled through the hole they were told they were standing in the Gryffindor Common room.

   Lyra gaped at the soft looking and cozy chairs.  She longed to rest. 

   Percy directed the girls through one door of the dormitory and the boys through the other.  When Lyra and the other girls reached the top of the spiral staircase, Lyra found the bed she had pined for.  Four poster beds with a deep red velvet curtain.

   To Lyra's pleasure, their trunks had already been brought up.  Lyra slipped into her pajamas as did the rest.  Too tired to even look to see who was in the dorm with her, Lyra fell into her bed at once.  She promptly fell asleep.

(A/N)  hey ya'll I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Im sorry it was shorter than normal, but I wanted to give you a chapter to read!  PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!  PLEASE COMMENT ANYTHING: misspellings, grammar,etc.

  I will update soon!! -giantsfan101