Chapter 03

Malfoy Manor^^^ (ps JK Rowling owns the plot)

   A voice echoed through the train: "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minute's time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separetly."

   Lyra's stomach lurched with nerves as she joined the crowd in the corridor.

   The train finally slowed to a stop. People pushed their way toward the door and out on to a tiny, dark platform. Lyra shivered in the night air, her eyes scanning for Draco. Then suddenly a large booming voice echoed:

   "Firs' years over here! Firs' years follow me!"

   The first years followed the man who Lyra later leaned was Rubeus Hagrid. Nobody spoke much, Neville did sniffed once or twice.

   "Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

   There was a loud "Oooooh!"

   The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a large moutain was a vast castle.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Lyra was followed into her boat with a boy who had sandy coloured hair and a mischievous look on his face, with two other girls.

"Everyone in?" Shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself.

"Right then--- FORWARD!"

And the fleet of boats glided across the lake with ease.

After they got off the boats, Lyra noticed Neville's face lighten up as his toad jumped in his hands.

They all walked up a flight of steps to large oak doors which Hagrid knocked on three times. The doors swung open at once. A tall black haired witch with a stern face welcomed Hagrid and the rest in.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall."

"Thank you Hagrid I will take the first years from here."

Professor McGonagall led the children near a doorway to the right, where Lyra heard hundreds of voices. But the professor led them to a small, emty chamber off the hall.

As the children crowded closer together, Lyra finally noticed the shiny blond hair of Draco a couple of people in front of her.

Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you must be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important cremony because, while you are here your house will be like your family within Hogwarts. You will have your classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and soend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin..."

Professor McGonagall went on about earning house points and such.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

The professor left the chamber. Lyra swallowed. A few kids in front of her started talking about the sorting.

Suddenly Lyra and others screamed as pearly white ghosts glided across the room, the ghosts were arguing. Then a fat monk ghost said.

"New students!"

The students nodded without saying a word.

"Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!" Said the Fat Friar. "My old house, you know."