Chapter 2

I wake up groggily to a loud shriek of a launch, everything, or should I say everyone, around me is shaking with the room. Where were we? Oh yeah, the ground. We must have broken through the atmosphere by the way everyone is shaking. A TV screen turned on, displaying the Chancellor calling us expendable.

"So, you're up, huh?" A voice spoke from the seat beside me. I turn my head to be met with one of my favorite childhood friends. John Murphy.

"John?!" I exclaim.

"In the flesh, Soy Bean." Soy Bean was a nickname he had called me since we were of preschool age. We had a brother and sister type of relationship. I reach over and grab his hand tightly. My father always discouraged me being f,riends with him for some reason but my Mom always supported it when she saw how much he meant to me. It broke my heart when his father was floated and his mother died.

"Calm down, Bean. The Ark must have made this dropship durable enough to make it to the ground." He comforted as best he could in his sarcastic voice but squeezed my hand back. I was about to reply when a boy unclipped the straps on his seatbelt and floated, taking advantage of the gravity. Bad idea, dumbass.

"Hey, get back in your seat!" I tried to scold frantically. But the boy couldn't hear me - people were cheering him on.

"Spacewalker bandit strikes again!" Another round of cheers. The boy came to a stop, hovering next to two people I quickly recognised - Wells and Clarke.

"Check it out, your Dad floated me after all." Spacewalker smirked at Wells. I was about to say something, but was sushed with one glance from John. The dropship was shaking every so often, the lights flickering.

"Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live!" I heard Clarke scold two boys who had begun to follow suit.

"You're the traitor they kept in solitary for a year." Spacewalker commented at Clarke.

"Your the idiot that wasted a month of oxygen on an illegal space walk." Clarke retorted. Oh, the Spacewalker must be the Finn Raven was talking about. Before I was arrested, she told me about how she went on an illegal space walk and how her boyfriend, Finn Collins, took the blame becuase they would have floated her. I knew Raven becuase when my mom was alive, she worked with her in the mechanical field and we became decent friends. Until she decided to transfer to be able to space walk.

"But it was fun!" He must be a really good liar. My mind suddenly flashed to Monty and I wondered if he was on the dropship with us. Probably. I really just wanted to hug him (moooddd). Suddenly there was the massive lurch of the parachutes launching. Finn and the two boys who followed him suit were flund everywhere. Everything started rattling and sparking. I grabbed onto John's arm.

"If we die, John, I just want you to know that you are like my older brother and I don't know what I woud do without you. I love you!" I screamed over the clanking and shaking of the 100 year old metal parts .

"I love you too!" Was all he could get out before everything became silent.

"Listen. No machine hum." An extremely familiar voice of which I couldn't point out spoke and everyone started unstrapping their seatbelts. I followed John down the ladder and he helped me off.

"Hey, just back it up, guys!" A boyish voice commanded from in front of the dropship door. He was wearing a guards uniform.God, I hope they didn't send guards down with us.

"Stop!" I turned my head towards the ladder to find Clarke walking down it towards us. She shoved through everyone and made a comment about the air being toxic to the older boy. He was tall and decent looking.

"If the air is toxic, we are all dead anyway." The boy excused.

"Bellamy?!" Yet another voice called out towards the boy. If that was his name, it wasn't too thought out. The voice came from a girl who walked through the crowd and up to this so called Bellamy.

"God, you've grown so big." Bellamy commented and wrapped the girl into a hug. She demanded to know why he was wearing a guards uniform and he said he borrowed it to get onto the dropship. So he must  be old enough to be floated.

"Where's your wristband?" Clarke demanded.

"Do you mind, I haven't seen my bother in a year." She retorted. People started exclaiming how noone has a brother and how 'That's Octavia Blake, the girl they his under the floor'. To be honest, I didn't care much and just wanted the doors to open already. The girl named Octavia tried to lunge out and attack the crowd.

"Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by." Bellamy tugged her away.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." He hesitated and pulled the lever to open the door. Sunlight streamed in and we all looked up and around in amazement. Octavia took a deep breath in and walked to the bottom of the ramp. She hesitantly launched herself onto the fresh soil and smiled. This would be a historical moment. She would say something that would be remembered for generations to come. Human's final journey to the ground.

"We're back, bitches!"

Of course it wouldn't if it was coming from a teenage criminal

{Not edited}