Chapter 5

Green's POV:

     I regretted walking out on dinner, I don't know what came over me. I shouldn't care this much, right? I'm such a baby. I went back to the room to take a hot shower. I wanted to go to bed. This summer is going to suck. I had just crawled in bed and stared to play a game on my phone. I heard the door open and the lights turned on. Red stood at the doorway and looked at me. He started walking towards my bed and sat down. "Green, I don't hate you, I never did." I was shocked to hear him speak. "Wha-what?" I managed to say. "I thought it was you that hated me. I've been trying to avoid you because I didn't want to go through any taunting." He explained. I was relieved to hear that. I needed to tell Red that I didn't hate him! We were going through the same thing, haha. "Oh, well I'm not going  to taunt you or anything. And I don't hate you anymore. I was just upset that you took champion away from me. I eventually got over it." I noticed that Red had a box in his hand, he handed it to me. "Here, I brought your dinner to you. Sorry for not saying anything back there." He smiled sheepishly. I took the box and thanked him. I ate my dinner while Red took a shower and got ready for bed. I started flipping through the tv channels to find last years championship video. It was in the Unova region. I had never been there, but Red's mom said that he's been. "Hey, Red, how was traveling around Unova?" He didn't say anything for a second, until he finally said, "It was nice I guess." "Did you challenge any of the gyms? I've only been for research with my Gramps." Red sighed and said, "I did, but I only challenged 6." "Why only 6? You could've taken them all out easily!" I exclaimed. Red didn't say anything after that. Green wanted to talk to Red about his journeys since he was unable to. "Are you okay? Did something bad happen while you were there?" I asked. He sat in his bed staring at the floor. I waited for him to answer patiently. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay." I said sadly. "No, it's fine, I'll tell you. I have traveled to 5 regions after beating you at the Pokémon League. I went on to take Johto, I beat all the gyms but didn't take on the league since Lance was champion and I've already beaten him. I went to Hoenn and also beat all of the gyms. I beat the Elite 4, but I couldn't beat Steven. I decided to get stronger, so I went to Mt. Silver to train. I guess word had gotten out that the champion of Kanto had been defeated. 3 years ago, I was challenged by a kid named Gold. He beat me. I panicked, I was so upset that I had lost my title. It was so important to me. I basically just left right after that and went to Sinnoh. I trained hard and eventually beat the gyms and Elite 4. I had all of my confidence back and thought I could become Sinnoh's champion, but I was no match for Cynthia. Not even close. Her Garchomp destroyed me. All of my confidence was completely gone. I thought about just quitting." Red was crying at this point. I felt so bad, he went through worse than I did. I went over to his bed and sat with him. "Gold called me a day after I had lost and told me to take on Unova. I had no interest in doing it. I thought about just living away from everyone at Mt. Silver. I eventually went to Unova and challenged the gyms. I noticed my Pokémon weren't battling the same. Almost like they didn't have any confidence left in them either. I didn't even bother challenging the Elite 4. I went to Kalos right after. I mostly went to boost our happiness. I wasn't getting any better, I was still depressed. I had no interest in battling the gyms, I had no interest in battling at all." Red's eyes were streaming tears. I noticed I was holding his hand. I awkwardly pulled it away. "I'm so sorry, Red. I had no idea that happened to you." I only knew about Gold beating him. I was the gym leader of Viridian City for about 2 years until I quit. I gave him the badge to take on Red. I was so happy because I thought he could beat him. I wanted nothing more at the time than for Red to feel how I felt. But this hit him way worse than I thought. I'm such a dick. "It's fine." Red said while wiping away tears. "After, I came home to clear my mind of things. But now I'm here. I'm hoping that spending time with Pokémon a town full of flowers will make me happy. I was nervous though, I planned on staying away from you since I thought I was going to be teased the whole time. But I now know that I won't be." He smiled at the last part. I hugged him really hard, he hugged back. I honestly didn't want the hug to end. I felt all tingly inside. I thought to myself, "Stop it! You still can't like him! He's your childhood friend! And you're into girls!" I shook my head and said, "I'm not going to torment you at all during this trip. I actually went to your house yesterday morning to apologize for what I put you through when we were 10, so, I'm really sorry." I said while looking down. Red lifted my chin and said, "It's okay, I'm glad to hear that." I suddenly couldn't breathe when he held my chin. I was exploding inside. Crap, I'm into him. I smiled and awkwardly went back to my bed. How does he go from a crying mess to all cute and such. I thought about our conversation all night. I realized that's the most Red has probably ever said to anyone in his entire life. I laughed to myself about that. Red was so awkward it was hilarious. But I liked him for it.