Chapter 9

Red's POV:

I woke up with my arms around Green. I remembered what had happened last night. I decided to stay in bed until Green woke up so we could talk about it. I laid there, just enjoying being in his presence after awhile. I had grown lonely. Yeah, my Pokémon are amazing, but I really missed Green. Green started to stir and woke up. He looked at me and smiled. "Good morning." He said as he turned to face me. "Soo, about last night?" I quietly asked. "Oh yeah.. um.." Green looked as if he was going to pass out. "I meant every word that I said last night." That was his reply? Really. "Soo, what do we do now, since we both like each other?" Green paused for a second and his face lit up. "How about I take you on a date!" He said it so excitedly, it was actually really cute. "We can go to Hearthome City and go out to eat. Oh! There's a Pokémon Contest in two days! We can go watch that right after!" Green said it with so much enthusiasm it made it impossible for me not to laugh. "That sounds amazing!" I replied. I'm always down to go eat food. Ha.

Green and I continued our day as normal. The next day took forever to go by. Finally it was Saturday, the day of our date. It was about 5:00 when Green told me to get ready to go. I chose to wear a white, long sleeved Polo shirt with khaki pants, I thought I looked good. I went outside to find Green with his Pidgeot ready to go. He was also wearing a white, long sleeved shirt but with a navy blue sweater over it and dark wash blue jeans. I swear he got 10 times hotter, maybe I just like a man dressed up. "You ready?" Green asked with a smile. I nodded my head yes and climbed onto his Pidgeot's back. We made it to Hearthome City at 5:30. The mountains were amazing to look at on our way, I didn't realize how tall Mt. Coronet was. Green escorted me into the restaurant. Green and I talked about how amazing dinner was, how the contest was going to be, and that time when Green and I went to our friend Blue's house and put A Venomoth in her room since she hated them. It was the best night I've had in awhile, and it wasn't even halfway over.

Green's POV:

At 6:45, Red and I walked over to the Contest Hall. I was so nervous at dinner that I'm surprised he didn't call me out for it. Did he even notice it? I debated on grabbing his hand for a good 5 minutes. I eventually did, causing Red to squeeze my hand in response. I finally felt relaxed. We sat in our seats, still holding hands, and watched the Contest. It was amazing! A girl named Dawn is some Coordinator big shot and won by a landslide! The way her Buneary and Piplup worked together was inspiring. I thought, maybe this could help against double battles. "That was amazing!" Red said while hugging me. "Thank you for taking me!" I laughed and took Red back to the lab. We sat together on the couch watching some ridiculous kid's movie. Red was enjoying it, so I didn't mind watching it. He had his head on my chest, I had my arm around him, everything was perfect. The movie ended and Red and I talked a little bit. "Did you enjoy dinner?" I asked. "It was the best." Red said while scooting up. I couldn't help but look into his red eyes. They were so unique, I didn't know anyone else with eyes that red. Before I knew it, I started leaning into Red. I started freaking out in my mind. I started freaking out even more when Red started to lean in also! His lips connected with mine. He had full, soft lips. I didn't want it to stop until I needed air. Red smiled and said, "I'm going off to bed. Goodnight Green." He gave me a quick hug and left. I can't believe I had just kissed him! Wait, why didn't he tell me to come with him? Am I supposed to sleep in here tonight!? You're being ridiculous, he's just tired. I sat on the couch, thinking to myself about how our date was.

It was 11:30 when I decided to at least go into the bedroom and change. I finished and stood in the doorway of the bathroom, watching Red sleep. I got in the bed quietly, trying not to disturb him.

Red's POV:

I woke up at 9:30 and felt Green's arms around mine. I smiled to myself thinking about how he kissed me last night. I was upset it ended. But oh well. "Wake up!" I said. Green stirred in his sleep. "Green!" Still nothing. He definitely does sleep like a Snorlax. I decided to give up and did my usual morning routine. "Since Green took me out last night, I'll make him breakfast!" I thought to myself. Green's favorite was waffles, so I had Pikachu and Eevee help me make them. When I had first started to prepare them, I heard the shower running. Perfect. He'll be down just in time. I cut up some fruit to go along with the waffles. Pleased with myself, I set the table. "Are you actually cooking?!" Green exclaimed. Usually, Green cooked the food since he was a better cook. I fed the Pokémon while he did that. "Yes, now eat before they're cold." I said while pointing to his spot at the table. After we finished eating our breakfast, we got a call from Professor Oak. "Hello there, Green and Red! How's the lab been?" "It's been great, we haven't made any significant findings, except for a newly hatched Shinx that's orange instead of blue." Green explained. "An orange Shinx! That is a significant find! I need you two to go to Professor Rowan in Sandgem Town tomorrow and give that Shinx to him!" "What's so special about it?" I asked. "Pokemon typically come in one color. An odd colored Pokémon is extremely rare and is great for research!" Professor Oak explained. "Alright, we'll give him the Shinx tomorrow, bye Gramps!" Green said as he hung up.