Chapter 11

Red's POV:

     It was 5:30 and I decided to get ready for my mystery date. Green said to dress casual, so I didn't wear my dress clothes. It was 5:50 when Green yelled at me to come outside. I really appreciate all the things he does for me, I just really wanted to know where we were going. We get into Pidgeot's back and flew half way across the region, it took an hour to get there! My stomach started growling halfway through the trip. We landed at Lake Valor, the lake was glowing! I've never seen anything like it before. Green held out his hand and led me to a small restaurant. It was a cute restaurant, it was water type Pokémon themed. We talked about how this summer has been until we finished eating. Green took me outside and told me to find a spot to sit. I was confused for a second. I went and found a spot where there weren't any people. I was confused as to why Green wouldn't tell me that we were going out to eat and look at stars or something. Green came back with the biggest blanket I had ever seen in my entire life! He laid it down flat and proceeded to lay down. He gestured for me to join him which I happily obliged. "The lake is so pretty! I like how it glows." I said. "The Lumineon make the lake glow. It is neat being able to see the bottom of it." Green replied. "Why are there so many people here? Are they here to look at the lake?" I asked. "Nope, you wanna know why I wouldn't tell you? There's a meteor shower tonight!" Meteor shower? Those don't happen very often. "That's so awesome! Thanks for taking me." I said while curling up next to Green. He kissed me on the cheek. Tonight was going to be filled with beauty. About 45 minutes later, the meteor shower happened. It was unreal, they came down so fast, and also the stars seemed brighter. It was even better that the lake was glowing. "I'm never going to forget this moment in my entire life." I told Green. Green simply laughed and squeezed my hand. "Can I ask you another question?" He asked. "What?" "Will you be my boyfriend?" I nearly died when he asked me that. I couldn't control my emotions. "Of course I will!" I shouted as I kissed him. Tonight has officially been the best night of my life.

Green's POV:

I calmed down when Red said he'd be my boyfriend. I was so nervous that I was sweating bullets. It took me the whole night to muster up the courage to ask him. I'm glad I waited until the meteor shower to ask him. It made everything so beautiful and perfect. Red made everything perfect. Just the two of us laid down on the blanket watching for a few stray meteors fall. It was 10:00 when it ended. "I guess it's time to go to the lab now." I suggested. Red nodded and followed me to Pidgeot. We got back and went straight into bed I was almost asleep when Red started asking me questions. "When did you first start to like me?" I had to think about it. Maybe when I saw him for the first time in years him? No. I liked him way before. I hate to admit it, but it was the real reason I was so harsh towards him when we were 10. I was in denial. I was taught that liking boys was not accepted and that boys liked girls. It made me hate Red for making me that way. Then again, I've only had 2 girlfriends and those ended badly. "Do you want to know the truth?" I asked. Red nodded. "I've liked you since we were kids." Reds eyes went wide. I explained to him why I was actually so mean to him. "I understand. I'm just glad you told me the truth." Red said. I was relieved when he said that. I thought he was going to blow up in my face and leave. I held him tighter and drifted off to sleep.

A week had gone by, leaving us 1 more week to watch the lab together. We had gotten close to all of the Pokémon Professor Oak had us take care of and study. I was somewhat depressed. I didn't know what was going to happen when we got back? Was Green going to be gone all of the time? Or was I going to be gone? I laughed at the last part. I knew I was going to stay in Pallet Town. Maybe I should get my own house somewhere. I don't know yet. To keep things off my mind, I took Pikachu and all of my Pokémon out to pick Green some flowers. I wanted to make a bouquet for him. Yes, I know flowers are girly, but I think that he'd really enjoy them since he loves to look at them when we eat dinner. We picked so many flowers it was ridiculous! I couldn't use all of them to make one bouquet. I decided to just make flower crowns with the rest of them. I finished the bouquet and went to go find Green. He was sleeping like an old man in the recliner. I couldn't help but laugh. "Green! Wake up!" Green woke up groggily and his eyes went wide when he saw the flowers. "What did you do all this for?" He asked. "I just wanted to thank you for all you've done for me, you're the sweetest boyfriend I could ask for." Green got up to kiss me and took the flowers. "I love them." He said.

Green and I ate dinner on the porch, once again, and watched the sunset. I'm really going to miss moments like these. "Hey Green." I asked. "What will you be doing when we get back to Pallet Town?" Green sat quietly thinking. "I don't really know. I'd like to get a job somewhere, get my own house, be independent, you know." I was glad to hear his answer. I feared that he would go on an adventure and leave me in Pallet Town. We finished up eating and went inside to go to bed.