Chapter Four

-  The color of the scales

-  The color of the scales. The other picture is the dragon but slightly off color and no antlers, quills and has extra membrane around the tail.

Also for names - Andreas   - (ann-drey-es) Lucia - (Loo-see-a) - Luciano- (loo-see-ann-o) or (any other way to say this name is fine)

     I jumped at the sound of soft scraping of claws behind me. From the opposing side that Erin had clambered up from stood a creature over twice the size of Rossa's mother. It was the pure dragon, Rossa's father. He was of a lithe, rangy built with lean long limbs. The dragon had a covering of dark mallard green scales that slowly faded into a deeper shade nearing his paws. His head was pulled into a long narrow snout with a pair of rounded ears and a crest of antler-like horns that tilted to the tail end.  Around the dragon's pale mint eyes, that were not unlike Rossa's, the scales were ringed with a dusting of gold-brown. Thin, short whiskers adorned the creature's face.

     As the dragon turned a bit I saw a pair of black wings that faded into the green of the body. Between the lengthy membrane limbs were a long row of quills from the neck's base to the barb tipped tail, laying flat against the back of the dragon. 

     Hello, Rossa's familiar, a low-pitched, deep voice rumbled in my head after a moment, startling me. 

     "H-Hi," I stuttered with a skittish wave of my hand. The dragon overall gave off quite an intimidating aura and the only other of the species I had been around was Eira.

      Chill out Sabella, they don't bite, commented Rossa with a playful nudge to my side. I glances over to her with a small, nervous smile.  

        I am Andreas, Rossa's father, spoke the draconic creature a moment later.

       And I am Fawna, the golden tiger added softly.

       "I'm Sabella."

        We've heard much about you, they said in unison.

         I remember Rossa telling me how her parents were true mates and had helped her find her way to me. Other than that, my familiar had not talked much about her family. I believe it was for the same reason as not telling me what she really was, fear of hybrid hating withes.

         Due to you becoming lost, I have only be introduced to your family, and you have yet to become acquainted with mine. Would you like to fully meet them, questioned Andreas.

         "O-ok, sure," I responded quickly.

        I know you already have meet Erin and Marsh-Lynn. The antlered hybrid by Fawna is my youngest son Luciano and the smaller wingless hybrid is Lucia, my youngest daughter. Erin, Rossa, and Marsh-Lynn were the first litter Fawna and I had, Lucia and Luciano being the second litter, they were born not so long ago. They are about a year and a half now. The first borns are about three years old.