Chapter 63 Roman & Dean's Admission

I didn't say anything, realizing I was real lucky that they cared about me. Otherwise I really would have been sucking my meals through a straw. Seth went to change and Dean followed, leaving me and Roman standing there, not sure what to say.

"I wouldn't hurt you Lila. And I will never turn my back on you again." He finally said, making me look up at him, "I need you to understand that and I want us back."

"We're so different now Roman." I groaned, going to sit on the bench, "What if we can't than that's two of you I've lost in a row."

"I'm not going anywhere Lila. I don't know what else I have to do to prove that to you." Roman pleaded, crouching in front of me, hands on my knees, "You want forgiveness? I forgave you, easily. You hate the Authority? Fine, I'm done with them. You want me to promise I'll never turn my back on you, that I'll never let you get hurt? You got it. I swear I never will. Don't push me away."

He was pleading with me quietly, and I could barely look him in the eye. My title was sitting next to me and I cursed myself for being so stubborn. After Phil it was really hard to trust anyone and I knew I was taking it out on Roman. Raking my fingers through the hair at his temples I sighed deeply.

"Ok I'm sorry. Phil has completely fucked with my head and maybe I'm a little more damaged than I thought I was. I know you wouldn't hurt me and I'm going to try trust you." I nodded, holding the back of his neck.

He nodded, a flare of the old Roman coming back into his eyes. Our eyes were such a similar color that they seemed to blend together when we were together. Touching my forehead to his I closed my eyes, happy to just be near him and not having to worry about whether I could trust him or not. Seth walked back in, wearing a pair of jeans, just out of the shower.

"You can hit it Roman. I'll keep Lila company." Seth offered and Roman stood up, grabbing his bag and passing Dean to the shower.

Seth dried his chest off and threw the towel on the bench. For the first time I noticed the tattoo down his spine and I glanced at him, wondering what they meant. Dean cleared his throat and I jerked my eyes away seeing him grinning at me. He raised an eyebrow cheekily and I rolled my eyes.

"I was looking at the tattoo pervert." I scoffed, knowing what he was thinking.

"Sure whatever you say." He nodded, a smug smirk on his face, dimple flashing.

Seth turned a grin on his face. I shook my head, slightly flustered. It wasn't as though I didn't notice how handsome Seth was, it was impossible not to notice. I just didn't seem him that way, he was more of a friend and I was hoping he felt the same way. Dean was on the couch, sprawled out, waiting for Roman who walked out, having finished the world's fastest shower. He was just pulling on his sweater and he sat next to me, pulling on his sneakers. There was a beanie on his head, shielding his wet hair from the cool outdoors we were heading into.

"So now what? You guys just do whatever you want?" I asked, standing up.

"I was thinking Mario Kart in the bus." Dean drawled, getting to his feet.

"I'm serious." I sighed, throwing him a look of exasperation.

"So I am." He shot back, coming to stand in front of me, hand out at his sides, "Look we've all had a rough night so why not just relax a little? Have some fun for once Lila, take the..."

"Uh.." Roman cleared his throat, catching Dean's attention and shaking his head rapidly.

"I was going to say take a walk on the wild side." He grinned, and I raised an eyebrow at him, "Take your own advice for God's sakes."