Epilogue: Heliotrope

These bathrooms are fancy. But we're a mess in them. The wedding singer has mascara dripping down her face. I'm shaking at the fact of where I am - my ex-husband's second wedding.

"Bonnie, what's wrong?" I touch her shoulder, she's crying hard. "You sang beautifully for them."

"Max." She breathed out after a long wait. "I saw him again for the first time in three years. He's dating another girl."

"Molly?" I try my best to support her. "I saw. " I can't find the words to say. "Have you spoken to him?"

"Sorta..."

"Oh, Bonnie." I take her into my arms and hug her tightly. I love this girl. She's like a sister to me, even a daughter. We might not be related but we're sure as hell family. And now my mother hates me, her and her gorgeous brother are all that I have. I hate seeing her like this. Especially not with her blonde and black hair tucked so romantically and her lovely, slim figure draped so elegantly in a stunning, green dress.

"I just said "you were always into blondes". He said something along the lines of "you look different" and I didn't let him finish; I ran off. I wanted to cry. And look at me now."

I let go of her, fish in my bag for some makeup wipes. I dab away the streaky, black mascara that's running down her ruined foundation. I throw the wipe in the bin.

"Thanks." She nods her head. She goes into her own bag and finds some concealer, she fixes her face with it. She tops it off with some powder.

We're both so stressed. Delia has been glaring at me all night. I know I shouldn't be here but Ash been kind enough to forgive me. For some reason he was always more mad at Clemont, anyway. We're both here, regardless. And so is this bumbling, teary-eyed mess of a young woman.

"Don't cry, Bonnie."

She tries her best to smile at me.

The bathroom door swings open. It's May. She sees the state of the two of us and immediately regrets coming in. "Oh! I'm sorry!"

I walk over to her, the sister of the reason Bonnie is crying and her and Iris being some of the only women I know to maintain a successful relationship.

"You don't want to hear what Miette is saying." She wears light pink and looks flustered.

"It's okay, May." I say.

She walks past me to the mirrors, where Bonnie is feeling slightly better but still distraught. "Are you alright, sweetheart?" I remember Bonnie and May grew close during her time in Hoenn. They hug.

"I'm fine. Honestly." She hugs her, again.

I awkwardly leave the bathrooms and go find Clemont. I did next to him at the table. I lean my head on his shoulder. All these eyes. All these people. All these lights. It's all too much for me. This is a wedding, so why are we all so upset? "Clemont." I whisper. All of this noise has taken away my voice. "I wanna go home."