Chapter 2 : I hate school

Olivia's POV

I scrambled out of my apartment and slammed the door, quickly turning the lock before running down the stairs.

I was about ten minutes from being late to school, because I had overslept, my mom having already left early in the morning.

My alarm never woke me up because I was usually too far in my dream to notice it, so my mom almost had to push me off my bed every morning to wake me up.

Obviously it worked because I was always on time.

But I needed to run for my life to make it. And let me tell you something.

I am the most lazy human being you will ever come in contact with.

We are only supposed to take Physical Education our freshman year, but instead of participating in whatever ridiculous sport they played, I instead opted to read under the bleachers. This obviously didn't go over well with the coach.

So now I'm a senior who still takes PE.

Pitiful, isn't it?

I don't really mind though because the coach is getting tired of my antics and I think he'll pass me just so he won't have to deal with me for five years.

I weaved through the crowds, seeing the people's angry faces and shoves directed towards me.

I wanted to say sorry, but what's the point anyway?

It's New York City, everyone should be used to the rude behavior of the city folk by now.

I check my watch and my eyes widen as I realize I only have four minutes to go.

I don't know why I suddenly care about being late. I never pay attention in class anyway so what's the point?

But I knew if I came in late, the teacher would ask questions and basically everyone would be making fun of me the rest of the period.

Again, why did I suddenly care about what other people think of me?

To say I was a loner is an under exaggeration. I don't think I've had a single conversation with anyone at my high school in the four years I've attended. All of them are so judgmental and only care about what you wear and how pretty you are.

I chuckle quietly as I look down at my black leggings and my mom's old college shirt that is two times to big for me. 

I bet the popular girls would rather be beaten to death than associate with the likes of me.

Finally, I make it to my school and run to my class down the hall. There are a few stragglers in the hall, but I can't tell if the bell hasn't rung or they are just ditching.

When I make it to the entrance of the room, I sigh in relief, seeing that the professor isn't here yet.

I glance around and find an empty seat in the back, immediately perching myself there.

The whole way there, people give me odd looks and some disgusted, probably aimed towards my outfit.

This one girl even scoots her chair away, but I just roll my eyes.

Sorry that I don't waste my money on overpriced heels and an orange spray tan like you. Not all of us want skin cancer.

A few seconds after I sit down, the teacher walks in and starts to talk, but I just glance out the window and daydream, hoping the class goes by faster than usual.

About twenty minutes into class, someone practically shoves me on the floor. I steady myself and glare at the person, but see all eyes are on me.

I start to freak out as I scan the room, trying to find out what's happening. The teacher is mouthing something, but I can't seem to figure out what.

Suddenly, the boy who tapped me moves his lips and replies to the teacher. All the heads turn away from me and focus back on the lesson.

I sigh in relief as I lay my head on my desk for the rest of the period.

I hate school.