4 | outings.

"What the hell?" I yell looking up to see Zeke hanging halfway through my window.

"Oh hey." He looks up casually before going back to wriggling his body into my room.

"Oh hey? dude you're hanging out of my window. Why?" I ask getting up from my bed and putting my book on the bedside table.

"I'm just hanging around." He laughs cheekily.

"Funny." I say deadpanned.

"I thought you'd be asleep." He then shrugs.

"Should I be concerned?" I warily step back.

"Wait what?" He now asks confused.  "I was kidding." He then adds.

"I think I should call the police." I cross my arms as he continues to wiggle his way through the window before he falls to the window seat and then the ground with a thud.

"Look. I never got the chance to apologise yesterday. For touching your hand or for that matter acting like a total brat." He says standing up and brushing imaginary dirt off himself. He looks up and smiles.

"You snuck through my window just to tell me that." I say raising a brow in question.

"No. I snuck through your window so I can get away from my family. You're just on the way so I thought I would apologise." He laughs now. I look over to his house, into his room and notice he has a chair stuck up against his door. I can just see the chair moving as if someone is trying to open the door.

"Oh cool. Make sure you close the door on your way out." I reply picking my book back up and and sitting down on my bed.

"Zeke I know it was you who stole my curling iron! give it back!" one of his sisters shouts. I raise my eyes up to Zeke, he smiles cheekily and shrugs "I thought she wouldn't be awake so early and that I'd have time to escape though my own house". 

He goes to move towards my door but stills for a second before asking "Do you wanna come?" He gestures to the door.

"Outside?" I look over confused.

"Yeah? Why not?" He says smiling.

"Uh I don't know. People and touching." I answer like he just asked the dumbest thing in the world.

"Come on. It'll be fun. I'm only going to a quiet place anyway." He says outstretching his hand after realising his mistake brings it back to his side.

"Seriously?" I groan.

"It'll be fun. I'll show you around town too?" He coaxes.

"Fine. Whatever." I give up. putting my book back down I get up and grab a sweater and my phone.

"Where's your Mum?" He asks looking around once we reach the hallway.

"Probably cleaning the kitchen again." I hum as we walk down the stairs which him following close behind.

"Again? Didn't you just move in yesterday?" He laughs.

"Yep. Hey Mum, Zeke is going to show me around town." I say walking into the kitchen only to see mum scrubbing hard at a pan.

"Outside?" She says looking up. She puts the pan back in its draw and then proceeds to open and close the draw ten times. It was one of the quirks. Almost everything had to be done ten times with her. The only real downside for me was that it was kinda annoying when we had to be somewhere but she still had the open and close the front door and then the car door. I suppose though it does help me sleep at night knowing mum checked all the locks ten times.