Cupcakes and Kisses

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Ugh," Chanyeol groaned while stretching his left arm to turn off the blaring alarm. He shuts it off and rubs his eyes, it's 6:30 in the morning and he needs to get ready for school.

He gets up, instantly missing the warmth and comfort from his black and white colored bed, and heads to the bathroom to wash up. Walking into his bathroom, he turns to look in the mirror. The almond shaped eyes that peer back at him are red and swollen from last nights sleep, and his fiery red hair is a tattered mess. He thought it would be best to take a shower before he goes to school.

So he steps into the shower and bask in its warmth, hot beads of water soothing his sore body from yesterday's harsh dance practice. Working his body to the bone yesterday doesn't seem as satisfying as it did the day before.

He gets out of the shower to find the mirror filled with condensation from the steam that admitted from the hot shower I had just taken. I take my hand and wipe a circle around face level so I can check my reflection, I look better, more refreshed.

After doing the rest of my morning routine which only consists of styling my hair and putting on clothes, I finally decide I'm ready for school. I pull out my phone to check the time and -

"Oh no! I am going to be late for school!" I scream.

I run out of my house, slamming the door in the process which my mother will probably yell at me for when I get back from school, but my mind was getting to school somewhat on time. I am running full speed down the sidewalk to get to there, and by the time the school is in eye sight, I am out of breath.

"The shower I took this morning was useless because if how much I'm currently sweating," I mumbled to myself.

As I head through the doors to the high-school, I notice the hallways are deserted, which means I am late.

I slowly walk to my first class, dreading being scolded by the teacher in front of the class. But there is one person in particular I didn't want to be shamed in front of.

And that is Byun Baekhyun.

He is a close friend of mine but I have always seen him as more than one. He doesn't know I like him, and I don't think he notices the way I stare at him longingly when he isn't looking, or the way I return a hug a little longer than normal friends should. So I don't think he will find out any time soon.

I near the classroom and my anxiety is shooting through the roof, imagining the worst scenarios in my head. I push the wooden door open and look into the classroom.

I have interrupted the lesson, and everyone is staring at me.

My hair is probably everywhere, and I'm sweating so much that I can feel my shirt stick to my stomach, how embarrassing.

I turn my head to look into the rest of the classroom and find a certain boy that I didn't want to see me like this. His eyes catch mine as I see him in the back of the class, with an empty seat next to him.

We stare at each other from across the room, both seeming to be memorized by each other. I couldn't look away, and apparently neither could he.

The sound of the teacher clearing his throat breaks my gaze at Baekhyun, and the teacher is looking at me expectantly.

"Park Chanyeol, why are you late?"

"I- I- I lost track of time sir," I reply with my head down.

"Well, dont let it happen again."

"I won't, sir."

The teacher nods his head towards the empty desk next to Baekhyun and turns around to continue his lesson.